NVIDIA Working On GeForce GTX TITAN Black Edition And GeForce GTX 790 Graphic Cards

edwjac

Bronze Level Poster
Hmmm first thing which as irked me with PCS, it seems they are selling the standard Titan for £800 and the Black Edition for £900 where as most decent suppliers have dropped the Titan to £700 for a OC card and £800 for the Black

PLAYDODGY

Bronze Level Poster
Why even consider a titan the 780ti is the better card and best part of £300 cheaper,(oh I forgot so people can say I have a titan lol, waste of £300 ? for bragging rights lol)

PLAYDODGY

Bronze Level Poster
790gtx will be out in march I think it is the 5th I seen somewhere
I am pretty confident the black titan and dual gtx 790 is going to be better than the first release of the new nvidia series or nvidia is releasing these 2 cards because they are planning to delay the release of the new series.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
where as most decent suppliers have dropped the Titan to £700 for a OC card and £800 for the Black
the titan black from PCS as an upgrade would cost me around £750.
Why even consider a titan the 780ti is the better card and best part of £300 cheaper,(oh I forgot so people can say I have a titan lol, waste of £300 ? for bragging rights lol)
isn't it more to do with been a cheaper alternative to a tesla card?
790gtx will be out in march I think it is the 5th I seen somewhere
source?

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Wish a release date would be announced... reluctant to order my new PC as I want a GTX 790 now!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Wish a release date would be announced... reluctant to order my new PC as I want a GTX 790 now!

lol, there's no point unless you plan on running a triple monitor setup or gaming on a 4k monitor.

unless, you have the money to blow ofc.

PLAYDODGY

Bronze Level Poster
no tha tis the end of kepler now, Maxwell is the new ,with a lot more coming this year
lol, don't buy any of these chaps.

In the next couple of months NV will probably release the 800 series cards, Which will only knock these cards of the top spot and further lower prices.

steaky360

5 gig , as far as i have read there is 10gig of gddr5 onboard,

Maybe, but it'll be split between the two cards so most likely 5gig per card.

IE the 690 has 4Gb VRAM onboard but thats only 2Gb per card (2 cards per 690) as they share the VRAM.

Spuff

Expert
what got me more than the news of these cards was this http://www.eteknix.com/north-korea-claim-landed-man-sun/

it was an add on the side. still flabbergasted, wondering how a nation of people could be so dumb.

North Koreans may live in a twisted dream world, but they are not that stupid. The story is made up.

The story was taken from this site: http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/
which publishes stories like
'A study published today by the Institute of Studies has conclusively proved beyond all doubt that the male of the species are altogether horrible.'

Last edited: