Gemini Tablet Review

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I am not looking at playing only for watching movies at home and working (word, power point....). I am just unsure whether the screen (low resolution) will be good quality for watching movies/videos. I am also unsure on how big the power supply is.

If you want a good and cheap experience for watching movies then you are better with a Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 as they have excellent screen quality for their price, both can do work but not as good as this one obviously.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you want a good and cheap experience for watching movies then you are better with a Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 as they have excellent screen quality for their price, both can do work but not as good as this one obviously.

I need a 10 or 11" size screen because I need to do some remote work and the software is not compatible with safari or OSX which is why I can't use my ipad. I am now undecided between the Microsoft surface pro and the Gemini, the latter will be cheaper but since I can't compare it, it is difficult to make a choice. I could order one today and if not happy return it for a refund within 7 working days minus £36. Just not sure if I am going to be happy with a low resolution screen. The ipad I use is great for movies and videos.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
What resolution are the videos you watch? If they are 720p then they will look just as good as the iPad, probably better due to it being widescreen so no huge black bars. 1080p will be scaled down though and won't look as good. Although 1080p is still scaled down on iPad Retina

keynes

Multiverse Poster
What resolution are the videos you watch? If they are 720p then they will look just as good as the iPad, probably better due to it being widescreen so no huge black bars. 1080p will be scaled down though and won't look as good. Although 1080p is still scaled down on iPad Retina

Videos I watched are HD videos from the apple store, hd streaming and blu ray movies saved on my hard drive. I wish I could test the Gemini before committing to buy it, also not even sure if PCS may be releasing a newer version soon.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I believe most of the movies on iTunes are downloaded in 720p so in terms of sharpness won't be much different, I think if anything they would look better on the Gemini due to the widescreen so there won't be huge black bars which is the thing I dislike the most about the iPad. The Gemini seems to be updated with the latest CPUs so I'm not too sure if a refresh is likely. Might be worth ringing up to find out

Hi guys,

So 10 months after buying this Gemini I am sad to say I am selling mine. If anyone is interested in buying it off me it is available on eBay under the listing of "[listing title removed]"

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
May I ask the reason of selling?

Selling devices also isn't permitted on the forum, please use a proper service such as eBay, Gumtree etc.

May I ask the reason of selling?

Selling devices also isn't permitted on the forum, please use a proper service such as eBay, Gumtree etc.

Hiya

I am not selling on here: I am selling via eBay and am only using this forum to let people know it's availability.

Reason for selling: work has got in to bed with Apple and everything at work now revolves around their iCloud, Pages and Numbers. They recently bought me an iMac so I really don't have a need this the Gemini anymore.

I hope that clears things up.

Hiya

I am not selling on here: I am selling via eBay and am only using this forum to let people know it's availability.

Reason for selling: work has got in to bed with Apple and everything at work now revolves around their iCloud, Pages and Numbers. They recently bought me an iMac so I really don't have a need this the Gemini anymore.

Sorry - that should be Mac Book

steaky360

Hiya

You're not permitted to advertise items for sale on the forums either...