Nvidia 337.50 beta driver

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeh I know its never anywhere near the stated numbers but if a company wants to increase my performance for free, why complain?

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Whilst I don't believe I would see obvious gains from this new driver, an article that doesn't think to mention what OS its tests were done on (when the Nvidia figures are all for W8), is itself questionable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Nvidia, I was just sharing an interesting link that backs up the results of my own handful of tests. The numbers are blatantly for a very specific system, or are outright inflated (which I doubt).

By the way you pretty much contradicted yourself in your response ;) Why would you not believe you're going to see any gains, but then completely disregard an article that tries to provide a little evidence?

Btw I'm not saying the article is trustworthy, more that the essence backs up my own experience.

Last edited:

Tom DWC

The SLI percentage in relation to Rome 2 is a bit cheeky, but I blame the game for being such a mess on release it's only now ready to support it. :D

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Not tried anything but BF4 since updating the drivers yesterday and I'm getting about 7fps on that at the moment so I'll have to reserve judgement.

Spuff

Expert
By the way you pretty much contradicted yourself in your response ;) Why would you not believe you're going to see any gains, but then completely disregard an article that tries to provide a little evidence?

I believe I wouldn't see a difference, because even if there is a performance improvement I wasn't experiencing any performance lack, so any improvement would be difficult for me to spot unless I did careful tests.
I have misgivings about an article (not you posting it) that misses out the very important information of what operating system they were using. This is at the least an incompetent oversight. If for instance they were using W7 they would have little grounds to definitively dispute the figures given by Nvidia for performance using W8. That's not the same as disregarding the article's findings.

Last edited:

ragingwhisky

Bronze Level Poster
Mindful of these drivers - anytime my system has them installed my video output borks and I find myself having to pop over to the iGPU to get a feed, rollback the driver and bemoan the 10minutes wasted.

Usually the beta drivers are fine but in regards to Win8.1 w/Update 1 (Enterprise) - be mindful.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Never had an nvidia card before (only amd) and just ordered my laptop the other week, which I'm still waiting for, it's got an 850m in it, just wondering if the driver updates were for the 700 desktop series or if this was also for the 800m series?

May sound like a stupid question but never had an nvidia card before so I have no clue about how their drivers work :)

Tom DWC

Never had an nvidia card before (only amd) and just ordered my laptop the other week, which I'm still waiting for, it's got an 850m in it, just wondering if the driver updates were for the 700 desktop series or if this was also for the 800m series?

May sound like a stupid question but never had an nvidia card before so I have no clue about how their drivers work :)

It was for the mobile series of cards as well. NVIDIA roll all of their desktop and laptop drivers into one package. :)