R9 295x2

keynes

Multiverse Poster
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/amd-radeon-r9-295x2-review/

As already mentioned, Nvidia have said their upcoming Titan Z will cost $3,000. When we factor in 20% Vat, this takes the price to around £2,200 in the UK. AMD will be selling the R9 295X2 for €1099. We would expect to see the R9 295X2 in the UK for between £900 and £1,000. At this extremely competitive price point, I can overlook my minor concerns with the adoption of a small 120mm radiator and slightly higher than desired noise emissions.
AMD crafted the AMD R9 295X2 specifically for Ultra HD 4K gaming, and based on our findings there is no doubt they have released the world’s fastest graphics card.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
That thing does look like its got some performance. I presume some of the huge gaps between average and minimum FPS will be ironed out with driver updates, otherwise it could be fairly crappy experience wise at 4k if it has huge FPS drops like that. Obviously its for the high end of the market and if it can have anywhere near the performance of the Titan Z for that price it will be a winner.

But still £1k for a GPU, not for me, but for anyone who needs 4k capable gaming card its about the only option.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i'd guess, you would want it under water to keep it cool and quiet.

Although, have you seen that power draw, 592 watts. lol

keynes

Multiverse Poster
i'd guess, you would want it under water to keep it cool and quiet.

Although, have you seen that power draw, 592 watts. lol

They shipped the gpu for testing with a 1000w PSU. It is definitely more competitively priced than the nvidia equivalent. This is just the reference, I am sure they will release an OC version with a bigger radiator.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Wow, 592w! That's insane, should keep you warm in the winter though.

I think I will wait for a couple generations before I think about 4k gaming, would be great bragging rights to have one of those badboys in your system though.