PCS Overclocked i7 4930K with H100i Hydro, what is the max temp running prime95?

knigh7

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys,

I just got my machine yesterday and I am testing the cpu overclocking that was done by PCS to 4.4

I downloaded Prime95 and it has been running now for 2 hours, max temp at 77C so far, I have a Corsair H100i Hydro, is this too high?

Thanks,

steaky360

As Keynes has pointed out, I wouldn't be concerned with 77 degrees after running on full load for 2 hours.

knigh7

Bronze Level Poster
Hi All,

Thanks for this, I ran it for 10 hours and the max was 80C, but that was only max, average was 77C.

I assume that is still ok?

Thanks,
Ahmad

knigh7

Bronze Level Poster
This might sound strage but when i used link to increase the fan speed it actully goes up by 1 degree!!!

knigh7

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

It does not come with any profiles, but in the mode i tried
Performance
Maximum speed
RPM (I increased it to max which was about 1245) even though it says it can go up to 4000

Thanks,

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Fyi, the 4000rpm is the little pump in the cooler. The fan with probably go up at 1800 ormaybe a little higher.

Kuniva

Silver Level Poster
I'm not saying this is what happened as I don't know if fallible or not but I believe when you turn a fan to a certain RPM and above (dependent on the style of the blades) it could actually stop or severely reduce airflow. Don't quote me on this though, but I think I know if you stick a propeller in water at too high an RPM it will just chop the water and not propel.