Incredibly Pleased with PCS

Hazza412

Hey guys! Just another thread with someone showing off their new build ;)

Before I post some pictures, I just wanted to say a huge thank-you to PCS, who were incredibly effective in building and sending me my new PC. I ordered the 5 day fast track, but I didn't think my machine would arrive until late next week (because of the European bank holidays this week and next for Easter).

I'm insanely appreciative that it actually arrived on Thursday morning, which is less than 4 working-days wait since order! So thank-you, whichever staff created this beautiful rig.

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET (£79)

Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Monitor
BENQ GW2450HM 23.5" VA LED - 1920 x 1080, 4MS, DVI-D, HDMI (£142)

Keyboard & Mouse
CM Storm Quick Fire TK Keyboard - BROWN CHERRY MX Switches (£79)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

And some pictures!

Insides.jpg

CM Storm.jpg

Setup.jpg

Thanks again PCS! If anyone has any questions about the computer, I'll try my best to answer them!

Thanks,
Harry

Stephen M

Author Level
Nice looking rig. Good to see someone thanking PCS, I always try to thank people for good service, although do not always manage to. There are always people who are quick to moan but it seems the ones of us who are pleased are often a silent majority. Have added a rep for being a good guy, hope you enjoy the PC.

Nice! I am about to buy an almost identical set up, have you played many games on this yet? Am interested to see your opinion on the graphical side of things, how does it cope and how high can you set before the frame rate drops?

Thanks

Hazza412

I'd like to say I've played loads of games on it, but so far I've only tried out League of Legends and Hearthstone, the latter of which, let's be honest, really doesn't need anything to play it efficiently :p

League of Legends plays at a pretty constant 170-200fps with everything set to the highest quality, so thumbs up there. I'll install Dishonored after work and get back to you on how that goes if I can. Hope this helped a little, I know it's not much to go on!

Would be interested to see how it copes with dishonoured at a decent setting as gaming is all I want it for to be honest.

Hazza412

Cheers, it's no problem at all :) I was tempted by the 780, but after reading up and asking around, I really didn't deem the £160 jump a necessity for my line of gaming/work

Atuleon

Gold Level Poster
It's nice it matches your red room and mouse ;)

Hope you are enjoying it bud. It's a nice rig you have.

Hazza412

Yeah, thanks! I've got myself a black Cooler Master mouse mat now too, so everything matches :p (I'm a tad vain like that, hahaha)