How to clean your laptop

b_dubz

Anyone have advice on cleaning keyboard keys? My 4 year old machine has started to be a bit dodgy. USB keyboard working fine, so assume it's dirt in the keys.

valbat

Just use the normal brushes without air.I don't have

Just out of curiousity is cleaning the innards with compressed air easier enough for a user who has never really opened the box. My Cosmos is probably around 5 years old now and in the last two days has shut down a few times because of overheating. It's okay until I start opening Opera. It has never been cleaned out inside. I use an air purifier in the room but have a cat and only around a meter away an Amazon parrot. I'm fine unscrewing outside, but I don't want to have to unscrew something inside and get in a mess.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just out of curiousity is cleaning the innards with compressed air easier enough for a user who has never really opened the box. My Cosmos is probably around 5 years old now and in the last two days has shut down a few times because of overheating. It's okay until I start opening Opera. It has never been cleaned out inside. I use an air purifier in the room but have a cat and only around a meter away an Amazon parrot. I'm fine unscrewing outside, but I don't want to have to unscrew something inside and get in a mess.
Any laptop requires regular servicing, around once a year to avoid thermal throttling. Sounds like you're at thermal cut out which is a last ditch attempt to prevent the silicon melting.

You can't use the laptop in that state.

You need to service it now, that means replacing thermal paste as well as a good clean.

valbat

Any laptop requires regular servicing, around once a year to avoid thermal throttling. Sounds like you're at thermal cut out which is a last ditch attempt to prevent the silicon melting.

You can't use the laptop in that state.

You need to service it now, that means replacing thermal paste as well as a good clean.

Looks like I need expert help. Thank you.