Hot & Noisy

jeavonsbrighton

Hi!

I'm looking at getting a custom build of the Optimus V 13.3" (clevo w230ss) for full-on photography work on the go, and everything about this machine could fit the bill perfectly, but I'm concerned about the heat and noise. Does anyone own one of these machines, and is the heat on the keyboard an issue for you, and would the fan noise drive me (and the poor sap sitting next to me on train) mad?!

I'm a photographer by trade, and I commute to London all the time, so a small yet powerful laptop that's light enough is a must (anything but a Macbook!). My very old Acer needs to be 'retired' and replaced. I'll also be using the touchpad all the time (not a mouse, no use on a train!), so how good/bad is that?

The only other machine that fits the bill anywhere near as well as this is the Asus UX32VD which isn't available here in the UK, so I'd have to import one from the US, and I'm wary of that, plus it might end up costing even more.

The spec I'm looking at is:

1920 x 1080 IPS matte screen.
i5-4210M (2.6ghz)
8gb RAM
250GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD
Running Windows 7 (64bit)

Any advice / owner experinece will be greatly appreciated!

PokerFace

Banned
Sorry I can't help (other than giving your post a small bump), but when I saw your thread title, I half expected to see a picture of my wife! :eek: