Error message "FIFA 14 has stopped working"

Rob1878

Bronze Level Poster
Hi

I have upgraded my graphics card from a HD5570 to a GTX770 & my RAM from 4GB to 8GB. Now when I try to run FIFA 14 I get the error message "FIFA 14 has stopped working". Any ideas for a solution please?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hi

I have upgraded my graphics card from a HD5570 to a GTX770 & my RAM from 4GB to 8GB. Now when I try to run FIFA 14 I get the error message "FIFA 14 has stopped working". Any ideas for a solution please?
Might be worth doing a clean install of the graphics driver,did you uninstall the driver of the old card?

Rob1878

Bronze Level Poster
A complete reinstall has not worked. Not sure why a new (and better) card has caused it to stop working.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Try this: Rename your FIFA 14 folder in C:\user\ (your computer's name)\Documents to FIFA 14 old. After that, start the game. The game will auto create a new FIFA 14 folder in Documents folder. Then you just need to copy your save game from the FIFA 14 old folder the the new one. But, DON'T copy file buttonDataSetup.ini. from the old folder to the new folder.
I seem to remember having to do this at some point. Might not help you but worth a try. If not; then when you reinstall, make sure there is nothing left in your registry from the old installation. Good luck.

Rob1878

Bronze Level Poster
Try this: Rename your FIFA 14 folder in C:\user\ (your computer's name)\Documents to FIFA 14 old. After that, start the game. The game will auto create a new FIFA 14 folder in Documents folder. Then you just need to copy your save game from the FIFA 14 old folder the the new one. But, DON'T copy file buttonDataSetup.ini. from the old folder to the new folder.
I seem to remember having to do this at some point. Might not help you but worth a try. If not; then when you reinstall, make sure there is nothing left in your registry from the old installation. Good luck.

Thanks mate but still no luck unfortunately :-(