Good Horror/Thriller movies

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Watched Halloween Kills. I'll admit firstly that I didn't give it my entire attention...... but it felt absolutely all over the shop.

Anyone else seen it? Decent jump-scare styling to it as you would expect. Nothing like the last instalment though, which I thought was decent.

Overall I still think Rob Zombie did the best with the franchise.
I actually quite liked it. I felt it was similar to the original first Halloween film, but some parts of it were a bit crap. The kills lived up to my expectations though.

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
Watched it tonight. Thought it was a bit all over the place. Preferred last year's Halloween to this one TBH. Still enjoyed it though.

Not seen any of the Rob Zombie one's so can't comment.

Looking forward to the last installment next year.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've only ever seen the first two and then the last two.
The first one was a revalationary film for me, not only being introduced to Jamie Lee Curtis who I think looks just as good now in her 60s as she did when she was younger, and has been in some of my all time favorite films (True Lies), but also was one of my early horror favorites along with Nightmare on Elm Street, Night of the Living Dead, Walking Dead, The Howling, Hellraisers, Exorcist, Alien. So much goodness to be found.

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
And since I mentioned Tia Carrere, have to do the obligatory...

1635633527677.gif

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s no surprise seeing as it’s coming from me, but Fire Walk With Me is definitely worth a watch as a horror.

If you divorce yourself ever so slightly slightly from the Twin Peaks universe, it stands up alone as a chilling portrait of the horrific final days of a teenage girl.

And it’s got a great cameo from David Bowie. With a Louisiana accent. It’s very strange.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s no surprise seeing as it’s coming from me, but Fire Walk With Me is definitely worth a watch as a horror.

If you divorce yourself ever so slightly slightly from the Twin Peaks universe, it stands up alone as a chilling portrait of the horrific final days of a teenage girl.

And it’s got a great cameo from David Bowie. With a Louisiana accent. It’s very strange.
Who on earth was David Bowie in it? I totally missed that!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
My word, had no idea there had been a load by Rob Zombie, will have to give them a watch!

I saw H20 in 1998, and all the preceding ones, but then lost touch.

Rob Zombie ones are in a league of their own. Doesn't even need the prestige of the brand to carry them IMO.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Rob Zombie ones are in a league of their own. Doesn't even need the prestige of the brand to carry them IMO.
I'm not fussed on them mate as a Rob fan I just think he tried to answer a load of questions no one asked about the Myers character where the mystery was the point

I liked them stylistically, it's a zombie movie so he knows how to create a vibe but I just didn't like the direction he took

The thing (original with Kurt Russel) is an absolute classic.1982 but don't let that put you off

Also event horizon is pure genius. 1997

And dog soldiers is the best British horror of all time. 2002

Alien is and always will be a true timeless classic along with the excorsist
I was literally scrolling through to see if anyone had mentioned the thing I watch it multiple times a year the prequel was abit of a letdown but the original was brilliant I heard a really good theory about the ending but wont spoil it