Help with monitor

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
Hi all,

I'm aware that this probably isn't the most appropriate section of the forum to post this query but here goes anyway.

I've recently ordered a desktop, after much deliberation, and have been looking at monitors the last few days. Can anyone recommend a decent monitor for under £120? It doesn't need HDMI but that would be preferable, it also needs to be under 22inches. I'd prefer an answer from experience/ hands on knowledge as the various reviews I've read so far have offered no clarity.

Because I'm on a budget I don't expect a top notch monitor but I would like it to be vibrant and sharp, and built in speakers would be a bonus(I am aware these can sound a bit rubbish)

Cheers, Nick :)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Generally I don't advise on monitors due to it being quite subjective. How about a trip down the town and have a look at some 'live' in the shops?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You can get some pretty decent ones around that price...

iiyama Prolite XU2290 22"
Dell Studio S2240L 22" IPS Widescreen LED Monitor
Asus VS229HA 22" Widescreen MVA LED Monitor
BenQ GW2255 22" Widescreen LED Monitor
Samsung LS22C570HS 22" Widescreen LED Monitor

Like mantadog says, it's worth seeing them in the flesh if you can as everyone has different taste. The iiyama has a very small bezel which is good if you're gonna do multi monitor in the future. The dell is an IPS screen which is considered better quality. I'd personally stick with those 5 makes

T

TheGeeza

I would highly recommend the prolite series. I've got two and both are fantastic.
As has been said,going to see the monitors in person would be best. I'm sure you couldn't really go wrong with any of Spyder's suggestions though.

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately my nearest computer retailer is a half hour commute away and they don't do live demo's of monitors.I'll check out the recommendations that Spyder posted, I can always get the iiyama 23 inch that PCS stock as that seems pretty decent.

Cheers, Nick