2gb gtx460

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Coming soon...

4602gb.png

Factory overclocked at 700MHz core speed that is 25MHz higher than reference speed which is especially designed for the enthusiast or demanding users. The card features 2GB GDDR5 memory clocked at 3.6GHz on 256 bit memory bandwidth. Armed with NVIDIA PhysX® and NVIDIA CUDA® technology, the GeForce® GTX460 series are ready to enable a total new class of gaming interaction!

Available in 1-2 weeks time, price TBC...

Matt

Bright Spark
Looks like a sexy card i must say.

Do you guys always get cards in with after market cooling designs where possible?

Because that sure is a good way to go.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys always get cards in with after market cooling designs where possible?

If it's a brand new launch we normally get reference designs, but once a product has been launched manufacturers try to out-do each other with better designs/OC to entice customers to buy their card.

Matt

Bright Spark
If it's a brand new launch we normally get reference designs, but once a product has been launched manufacturers try to out-do each other with better designs/OC to entice customers to buy their card.

Once a new model of card comes out its always so hard to resist buying it immediately just to be the guy with the latest and greatest. But waiting a month can always bring the nicer rewards of better cooling designs.

Zeplini

its down to supply and availability really on what we get in, we do deal a lot with Palit who do like to loose the standard release spec and use there own designs asap, i must admit this card is tempting me to upgrade soon

PaulH

Bright Spark
Straight from the off on these palit, galaxy (KFA2) and gainward had non reference designs, even the PCB is smaller on the palits - ill grab a pic of mine installed, about an inch smaller :) - smaller than my old 9600GT!!!!!

P.S Some may be wondering the point of 2gb of video memory on a midrange card, and the reason is it helps MASSIVLEY with Nvidia 3d applications :)

Gorman

Author Level
Once a new model of card comes out its always so hard to resist buying it immediately just to be the guy with the latest and greatest. But waiting a month can always bring the nicer rewards of better cooling designs.

Its the exact opposite for me, i always prefer reference as its easier to get blocks for and do your own overclock etc

LDUK

Master Poster
Wow 2gig and overclocked! Seriously. Strap in 2 of these bad boys and I think the universe will implode.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: These will be in to us by Monday 16th. Price is about £15 - £20 more than the 1GB version.

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Heh! I had the same thought Timber but if you were to always wait for the next greatest thing you'd never get around to ordering!

I'm very very happy with my 1GB 460, runs everything I've chucked at it so far at the highest settings :)

Timbercottage

Bronze Level Poster
That's good to know! I've been throwing Crysis at it with maxed settings and it does fine until you start turning the AA up, very, very impressed. A huge improvement from my 9800GTX+, now all I have to do is overclock it and we're sorted :)

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Ah see I've not got Crysis yet so couldn't check that one. Did pick up Nap TW, Dawn of War 2 Gold and of course got Just Cause 2 free with the 460.Not been playing for extended periods of time yet so maybe things will show after a few weeks, but I'm chuffed to bits with the performance so far :)

From what I've read it's a good overclockable card too, particularly the 1gb we've got \o/

Edit - I should also point out that my old pc was using a NV 7600GS, so pretty much anything made in the last 5 years would be an improvement!

Sleinous

Author Level
its down to supply and availability really on what we get in, we do deal a lot with Palit who do like to loose the standard release spec and use there own designs asap, i must admit this card is tempting me to upgrade soon

Agreed, I kind of was hoping i'd get the dual-fan design when I ordered my PC with the GTX 470 :p But I guess you had some of the old design to use up first.