2gb gtx460

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
They're due in on or around Monday 16th August. We will probably list the card to order towards the end of this week :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
A single 2GB GTX 460 will not be better than 2 768MB/1GB in SLI, it's only the memory which will be bigger and not the GPU itself.

We haven't had chance to benchmark the card yet, but I'm sure it will be a popular choice :)

PaulH

Bright Spark
Yea, it will, but as of yet, nothing will benifit really from it, unless its 3d games etc, maybe Microsoft flight sim X - 1GB video memory is still more than enough :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Where was the patience - you could have got the 2GB version if you had waited a few days :p

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE:

2GB GTX460 is now available to order on our website.

For all those who have been patient it's time to spec up your dream PC! :D

Darko

i still dont understand why nvidia released such videocard. better to have gtx460 1gb sli than 2gb sli, it wont change the resolution or the gaming performace.

Quander

UPDATE:

2GB GTX460 is now available to order on our website.

For all those who have been patient it's time to spec up your dream PC! :D

....pokes around inside his case to see where he can fit it, but reckons if he did he'd have to buys his own power supply board to go with it if added to his current rig :p lol

LDUK

Master Poster
i still dont understand why nvidia released such videocard. better to have gtx460 1gb sli than 2gb sli, it wont change the resolution or the gaming performace.

What makes you say that? The 2GB is also stock overclocked. IMO, The extra gig is overkill, and SLI makes 4gig even more overkill. But the overclock will make a slight difference.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
The price difference does make it kind of worth it too. It's a very slight difference, whereas the difference between different models can sometimes be up to £100 different, whereas here it's about £20-30 different.

PaulH

Bright Spark
And you dont get 4gb of usable video memory in SLi, just 2gb, its similar to raid mirror in the way it works :) - as said before, good for 3d gaming and thats about it :)

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
got my babies in now, just D/Ling drivers and will Vantage the beauty.

Can't be bothered overclocking till next week some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

greybing

ive ordered one of these in my new pcs build, i am eventually going to run 2 in sli,i hope i have made a good desision as i have heard a lot a bad things about sli...but yes this card is ,according to revies ,very good indeed and could be overclocked still.

Gorman

Author Level
SLI has really come of age with the fermi series of cards.

Sure it is more prone to niggles than a standalone card but with near 90% scaling with the Fermi's its worth it more now than ever before.