Gtx 980m

mrducking

Bright Spark
unless you buy it inside the EU, there is a distributor in spain that is receiving stock on 24 of october, though i checked all the new models and they come with a lot of things i dont need so for me better to wait for PCS

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
For comparison of the 15.6" Vortex vs. 15.6" Defiance:

comparison.jpg

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, do you think it's worth waiting for the new Broadwell Intel chip set to come in spring 2015?
I'm thinking it would go best with the new Maxwell gpus.

I REALLY want a nice gaming pc but seriously there's always new coming up and outdating the previous thing.

RAAAAAAAAAGE

If you wait until spring 2015 (and assuming something is launched then) you will only be a few months away from another new thing. And if you wait for that other new thing then when that is launched you will only be a few months away from the next - and so on. We don't know what will be launched and when, so we are only speaking hypothetically but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I suddenly feel all inferior and envious! I totally get why people upgrade every 6 months! That new chassis looks luverly! 4k screen anyone?

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
That was way faster than I expected, PCS! :) Definitely glad I was not hasty with purchasing the Lenovo y50.

In regards to the 4k display.. I am not sure. Apparently windows 8.1 has issues with scaling videogames properly (on a 15.6" display). But that should be fixed by them, it's not a hardware fault. I don't know if windows 7 has any issues with it though!

Anyway I m now just considering whether to get the 970m or 980m :O Looks like 970m is slightly better than 880m and ofc 980m is a beast.

mrducking

Bright Spark
4k? not for me, 3k? maybe
to me 4k is overkill, i mean, 1080p looks amazing and 3k is mindblowing, but starting one point is like the invisible clothes of the king, just because they say it's amazing, it doesnt mean my common human eye will apreciate the difference
if im wrong, well, good for me :D it means there is still more definition that i havent experienced

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
They're on here now too in the Vortexs and Defiance (which looks a new nice chassis with a 4k screen).

Shame the 2x980m Vortex elite model doesn't have that screen option!

ELL4EVER

Bronze Level Poster
I'm really impressed by the dual 970m gpu's, they outperform a single desktop 980 in games supporting sli and you can get them in the vortex IV elite se with a high end build for £2k. That sounds like a great deal to me and makes me think twice about dual 980m's.

However I let my heart do the thinking for me and he wants dual 980m's :p

Danny boy

Bronze Level Poster
Duel 980ms are mouth watering will make those FPS look very Appealing but can't order yet going to wait until the end of the month...

Danny boy

Bronze Level Poster
My plan is to buy a 4k Desktop screen later.

I'm really impressed by the dual 970m gpu's, they outperform a single desktop 980 in games supporting sli and you can get them in the vortex IV elite se with a high end build for £2k. That sounds like a great deal to me and makes me think twice about dual 980m's.

However I let my heart do the thinking for me and he wants dual 980m's :p

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
If you're going to hook it up to a 4k monitor... what's the point in getting a laptop for £2k? Why not just get a £2k desktop and a 4k monitor where you'll get better cooling and better value for money?

Dual 980ms seems needless overkill for what is essentially a 17" 1080p 60Hz screen.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you're going to hook it up to a 4k monitor... what's the point in getting a laptop for £2k? Why not just get a £2k desktop and a 4k monitor where you'll get better cooling and better value for money?

Dual 980ms seems needless overkill for what is essentially a 17" 1080p 60Hz screen.

And not very portable, 2 power bricks and a massive chassis