Best looking pc game?

Venomania

YouTube some footage of "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" and understand. A small indie developer made that game. Visually, it's probably the most impressive game on PC at the moment.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Granted this sort of thing will always change, but you have to give it to Ubisoft, they do make some pretty games...Far Cry and Assassin's Creed are always pretty, even if people are divided on how good a game they are :)

Also agree with Smoke, TR seems to fit in that some area of expansive gaming world with ridiculously pretty people and places.

I was actually surprised by just how good Shadow of Mordor looked. I hadn't done a great deal of research, but again, it has that very easy on the eye open world look at all the above, with just a darker theme (tis Mordor after all :) ).

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Its does look great, i can put up a couple of screen shots later if you like.

To run ULTRA textures you need a minimum MINUMUM 6GB VRAM :O

SORRY IM WRONG IT WANTS 8GB OF VRAM :O :O

Sorry no it is 6 I think I was too far away from the monitor everyone keep calm. But 6 is still mental

Last edited:

Deklore

Bright Spark
To run ULTRA textures you need a minimum MINUMUM 6GB VRAM :O

Don't think the Ultra textures have been released yet. Would be interesting to see how much of a bump the visuals get with Ultra textures though.

Also I would agree with Venomania with "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter"

Rakk

The Awesome
I wonder if 6 could be made up with 2 SLI cards with 3 each - but im pretty sure I read somewhere that SLI isn't supported yet :rolleyes:
Even if SLI was supported, if you SLI two cards the VRAM does not add it, two SLI'd 3GB cards would still only have 3GB to use (I don't know why)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yea i agree with Rakk, VRAM doenst stack saddly.

The only cards i know with 6GB are the Titans and some special edition GTX 780's.

Even the new 9 series is only 4gb unless there is a new version coming out.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Just activated the HD pack on my steam account, its downloading now and extra 3.7GB so ill try it out and post some screenies and performance to show if it looks any better and if it meets the most best looking PC game award

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Tomb Raider is a good shout. I'm looking foward to GTAV though.

Far Cry 3 was impressive, but not 'beautiful' :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Right i couldn't get screen shots however im uploading 2 videos to youtube at the moment

Using GTX970 4GB single, video was recorded using Shadowplay at 1080 with 60 FPS

High Textures Benchmark

[video=youtube;Xodb7oaETvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xodb7oaETvc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ultra Textures Benchmark

[video=youtube;n-pFtEyrRKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-pFtEyrRKw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

High Screenshot >> Ultra Screenshot

High.jpgUltra.jpg

Combi Here, its High top left and bottom right ultra top right and bottom left cor easier comparison, got these shots closer timewise too

Combi.jpg

Last edited:

Androcles

Rising Star
Best looking is very subjective, I think you'll get dozens of very different answers, it all comes down to the individuals taste in art preferences. I like ultra realistic looking games, with highly realistic animation so a game like that would be my choice, but my friend absolutely loves anime and he would choose an anima styled game as the best looking.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I really don't see hardly any difference to be honest.

No me neither, there must be something because the maximum frame rate is taking a hit. I tried a few times and cannot see anything. Steam confirms that the HD pack is installed too.

Its maybe character models thats upgraded thats something that cant be seen in those screenshots

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
No me neither, there must be something because the maximum frame rate is taking a hit. I tried a few times and cannot see anything. Steam confirms that the HD pack is installed too.

Its maybe character models thats upgraded thats something that cant be seen in those screenshots

Is that the LoTR game?

If so, I can really say they've used poetic license to pass that as accurate Gondor/Morder/ANYWHERE in Middle-earth =)