Defective Sandy Bridge Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve78

Can I just say that less than 5% of the chipsets are reported to be faulty :p This is 95% AMD propaganda from Tom :p

Unfortunately if you read the information available, Intel are estimating 5-15%. If you properly read into the problem then they say "enthusiasts pushing lots of data should wait for a fixed platform."

That means they have little confidence in the chipset for practically anyone who does more than use Excel & a web browser.

I specced up a beast of a rig as I will be using my new PC for anything from running multiple VM's to video/photo editing etc. Basically I would have to be clinically insane to be happy to accept a borked piece of equipment.

Gorman

Author Level
i havnt read the link but semiaccurate is exactly that, although should be called wildspeculation.com

Seeker2

Appreciate the quick notice. Have similar problem as other, do I cancel/postpone order? (still in processing after 7 days - now understand why). For me a solution would not be a PCI/PC-e SATA controller to replace the chipset.
1) Don't want to re-sell with a junky/questionable motherboard chipset
2) Resent using up a card slot for what should work on the board
I'm also not sure about the status of using the DVD/CD drives if they are using the questionable SATA 3.0 chipset slots.

And if I accepted it as it is I would have to go through the trouble of taking off confidential data and sending back, at a time I might well have become very reliant on it. Tricky...

Is indeed a painful problem.

Sleinous

Author Level
Unfortunately if you read the information available, Intel are estimating 5-15%. If you properly read into the problem then they say "enthusiasts pushing lots of data should wait for a fixed platform."

That means they have little confidence in the chipset for practically anyone who does more than use Excel & a web browser.

I specced up a beast of a rig as I will be using my new PC for anything from running multiple VM's to video/photo editing etc. Basically I would have to be clinically insane to be happy to accept a borked piece of equipment.

My joke was utterly lost (as per usual) but nevermind..

Status
Not open for further replies.