Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Deklore

Bright Spark
I know the exact mission you mean. I tried it twice, got wrecked both times. After the first time I was like "surely not - the first bits were so easy, must have been a mistake..."

Nope no mistake. Mama ghul destroyed me. Twice.

EDIT - got more arrows and longer focus now so may try it again soon....

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think knowing what I know now, I will position myself nearer the entrance and try and run that way a bit, at least give myself a chance for some distance :) Apparently they are quite vulnerable to arrows, so could do the trick :)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
The main guy doesn't sound like Booker Dewitt or Joel (last of us) in the slightest... Can't get over how different he sounds! Nolan North too I don't recognise but he can be more of a chameleon with his voice.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
What I really like? [Spoiler ahead?]

That there is a whole other area to explore! I thought it was all at the Black Gate! So that was a nice surprise :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
See theres been free DLC released which consists of 3 Epic runes and a Hand of Sauron skin.

Once you have a few upgrades the game becomes pretty easy so the epic runes aren't really necessary. On the other hand though (no pun intended) playing as the Hand of Sauron certainly puts a different spin on things when im branding all the uruks and creating my own personal army :)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
The cut scenes are still as Talion though so it seems a bit of a pointless and jarring experience playing using the black hand skin!

I finished the story and barely have any other bits left to find but I'm still only on 77%...how the heck do you 100% this game?!

Androcles

Rising Star
The cut scenes are still as Talion though so it seems a bit of a pointless and jarring experience playing using the black hand skin!

I finished the story and barely have any other bits left to find but I'm still only on 77%...how the heck do you 100% this game?!

It's Warner Dollars , I would hazard a guess that you will have to by additional content at some point in which you will be able to access areas that allow you to complete those achievements :p

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Why the WB hate? :)

Not sure what Slim is doing, but last night I hit 90% complete and still have the dagger to finish, and the main story line, and some slave side missions. So I can easily see that taking me to 100%.

I just hope it has been enough of a financial success that they go with this and make more, like with Batman, because there is so much scope for ME games in this style :)

steaky360

I really enjoy the style of this game too! The problem I am facing is that its getting very 'samey' - collect the stuff and poison the thing, kill the orcs, kill the things, brand the warchiefs etc.

Kinda reminds me of the first assassins creed! Fortunately the game is pretty and keeps me going albeit slowly.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
It clearly has influences from AC (and ofc Batman), so I am hoping if they do make more that they evolve and expand the arsenal and play systems, just like AC did. That said, I have yet to tire of just jumping in and killing a stronghold of orcs...until I get my bum handed to me and I peg it :D

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
It clearly has influences from AC (and ofc Batman), so I am hoping if they do make more that they evolve and expand the arsenal and play systems, just like AC did. That said, I have yet to tire of just jumping in and killing a stronghold of orcs...until I get my bum handed to me and I peg it :D

I agree, i find it really easy just to waste time in this game. Fights never seem to get boring and having your own wee personal army follow you around, is cool

I've got a spoiler alert here so highlight the below to read

>>Theres an epic bit at the end where its you and your army of Orcs etc and the camera pans back, like there is meant to be an epic battle and that you have a massive army but when mine panned back it was me standing there with about 4 other Orcs, looked pathetic lol. I take it the more you take over the bigger your army? We still won though so im not too fussed. Just looked like a comedy sketch with the speech then the camrea and only 5 of us.<<