Jurassic world

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I am surprised it took you so long to post it. It has been out from yesterday isn't it? :)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I think this film will be enjoyable for nostalgia purposes.

I can't see it going any other way than "dinosaur escapes and eats people" though, so it will be interesting to see how well that goes! I'm not expecting much!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Watched it without sound at work earlier...think it might make more sense with sound :D

Even the worst Jurassic Park film is still about dinosaurs chasing and eating people, so what's not to love?

And hey, at least it gives DM a different medium to channel his obsession into...Natural Carnage Selection 4 is surely out soon...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
[pedant mode on]

What amuses me most about the Jurassic Park/World series is not whether or not they could ever clone dinosaurs from dinosaur DNA they extract from mosquitoes or whatever, it's that even if they could do so, dinosaurs would freeze to death on today's planet. There are fairly accurate graphs of paleo global temperatures (they're mostly based on the ratio of oxygen-16 to oxygen-18 which is very temperature sensitive) and they all agree that during the Cretaceous period, when dinosaurs were at their peak, global temperatures were 10 degrees C warmer than they are now.

[pedant mode off]

:)

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
[pedant mode on]

What amuses me most about the Jurassic Park/World series is not whether or not they could ever clone dinosaurs from dinosaur DNA they extract from mosquitoes or whatever, it's that even if they could do so, dinosaurs would freeze to death on today's planet. There are fairly accurate graphs of paleo global temperatures (they're mostly based on the ratio of oxygen-16 to oxygen-18 which is very temperature sensitive) and they all agree that during the Cretaceous period, when dinosaurs were at their peak, global temperatures were 10 degrees C warmer than they are now.

[pedant mode off]

:)

So....we'd need to knit them cardigans is what you're saying?