Assassin's Creed Victory

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
A "LEAK" of next years assassins creed has been released showing the 2015 title.

Set in Victorian London, which would run along side Unity i guess.

Its being developed by a different studio too but doesn't mean to say it will have a smoother release.

Screenshots etc show in the link below.

It does look good im my opinion but then so did unity.

I really want this series to get back on track as Unity and its Ending made me feel like i'd just wasted a day of my life.

http://www.eteknix.com/assassins-creed-victory-leaked-takes-place-london

ACV-3.jpg

ACV-4.jpg

Deklore

Bright Spark
I seen this last night. I have AC4 and played that to death and really enjoyed it. Personally I don't like the setting much of Unity and the Victorian era isn't much better. Also with all the negativity surrounding ACU and the unchanging gameplay, they'll need to do something drastic for me to get it.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Like the idea of Victorian London, always had an interest in that era. I'll probably pick up the game in a sale and just walk around the city for 10 hours.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Honestly Deklore is has no relevance to the previous story either, its really lost its way.

I dont remember hearing a single characters name from a previous story.

Im going through it again incase im missing something but they should have just made it a stand alone game.

Deklore

Bright Spark
I wonder if they will bring back the Animus stuff for Victory...

For me its not just the technical problems, but the fact they kinda force you into getting the app for it then sign up for their AC thingymajig in order to access all the content of Unity.

Also and I don't know why this bothers me so much with Unity is that its set in France and everyone has an English accent.

Och well, if your going through it again, at least youre getting your moneys worth :)

Spuff

Expert
Think its a Horse and Carrage, theres a whip.

In the second photo that is a carriage. In the bottom photo I thought it was a tram but maybe it's a kiosk of some kind. Early trams were horse drawn. Horse-drawn trams were still being used in some places into the 20th century.
Anyhow Big Ben was completed in 1858, so sometime after that is certainly the date.

Street vehicle traffic would be a new thing for AC.

Last edited:

Deklore

Bright Spark
Hmm didn't know about horse drawn trams. Guess you learn something new every day! But the screen shot looks like a horse and carriage to me as well. Looks too short to be a tram, also the front looks as if there would be a section where the driver(!?) would sit.

I wonder if they will stick to the standard "family was killed, now joining the assassins for revenge" storyline.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I just hope I don't have to keep climbing towers to show the map. Like in previous Assassin's Creed games, Far Cry games and now even in The Crew you have to go to radio towers. Cars can NOT climb, Ubisoft!

Deklore

Bright Spark
I just hope I don't have to keep climbing towers to show the map. Like in previous Assassin's Creed games, Far Cry games and now even in The Crew you have to go to radio towers. Cars can NOT climb, Ubisoft!
Seriously?! They got those in The Crew as well??

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
According to TotalBiscuit, yes they do. Ubisoft seems to be obsessed with this idea which is just a waste of time. It was cool when they first did it in Assassin's Creed. Being able to look over Jerusalem was amazing but now it's just boring and gets in the way of properly playing the game. Hope they remove it in future games, there is really no need for it.

bigben

Master Poster
Unity and its Ending made me feel like i'd just wasted a day of my life.

I actually had to sit back and think for 5 minutes how unity ended. It was so bad I had actually blanked it out.. (tbh except for the incredible scenery I thought the whole game was pretty poor). By the way, was there any way of defending yourself against guns on Unity? I never worked it out...

I'll be hanging on with the Victory until I've seen some gameplay footage

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
After having played The Crew for about an hour I think I may have given up with Ubisoft entirely. It like their other recent releases is broken. It first disables some of my controls, I can't drive or pause the game but can still look around the car and bring up a larger minimap. So I decided to close the game and restart and now it's stuck at "loading save data". Well done Ubisoft, you clearly don't want anyone's money.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Wow, sorry to hear that Wozza. Certainly seems like Ubi are taking over EAs stellar reputation. I'll guess its not the last in a long list of disappointments from them.. :(

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I actually had to sit back and think for 5 minutes how unity ended. It was so bad I had actually blanked it out.. (tbh except for the incredible scenery I thought the whole game was pretty poor). By the way, was there any way of defending yourself against guns on Unity? I never worked it out...

I'll be hanging on with the Victory until I've seen some gameplay footage

Yeah me to that ending man its just like "EH???!!!??" Followed by the 5 stages of grief.

To avoid guns you had to roll out the way, double tap A or something. I thought he would do like what Edward does and grabs someone as a sheild

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Rogue was much better than Unity both story wise and gameplay. Unity is very pretty and side missions were marginally better than Rogue but the main story was a bit lacking and the modern day story is basically non-existant in Unity compared to Rogue!

However as a die hard fan of the series I still loved Unity and am looking forward to Victory!