Vanthus

CARodgers2011

Hi,

My name is David and I am the nephew of "Vanthus", one of your moderators on this site. I write as part of my uncles last requests were to wish you all a merry Xmas and a Happy New Year. Sadly "Vanthus" passed away on the 6th January. He loved this site and it was a major part of his life in his last years. I'm not sure this is the right place to post this or that it will even reach the people he wanted it to but I am not as computer literate as he was and this is the best I can do! Please feel free to move, delete or change this post as appropriate.

Thanks

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I'm sorry about your loss, Vanthus was a good man and spent a lot of time helping people out on here, myself included. He will be remembered and in our thoughts and prayers, rest in peace x

steaky360

I really don't know what to say... my (and I'm sure all of our) thoughts are with you and your family. Vanthus was a well liked member of the forum and a much respected moderator. He will be missed.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
My condolences. As others have mentioned he was a very well respected and knowledgeable contributor.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
So sorry for your loss. Vanthus was a valued member of our small community of active members and was always very knowledgeable and helpful. Rest in peace Vanthus.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. As mentioned above he was much loved here. Helped me out many times.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Rest in peace.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I was lucky enough to speak to Vanthus personally several times through the company and he will be missed as a moderator and a friend to the company/forum.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi David, my sincerest condolences to you and your family at this time. I haven't been a member long, but Vanthus has been a consistent contributor and always kind and helpful. I hope his passing was peaceful.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Very sorry for your loss. V will always be one of the stand out members of this community, both for his knowledge and ability to help, as well as his participation in the general hijinks that go on around here (He must be my net biggest rep giver, so that should tell you something)

Thoughts are with you at this time, and I shall remember him fondly.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Ah this is some sad news. Top guy, very knowledgable. Sorry to hear he is no longer with us. Wishing you and your family all the best for the New Year.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I have just heard from moosEh about this, this is very upsetting news indeed.

I promoted Vanthus to moderator a few years ago when I was much more active on the forums due to his commitment to helping folk and had a really really nice attitude towards everybody, never wanting any upset, always looking for those answers, if he didn't have them he'd find them :)

I would say the world has lost a great guy, and we at PCS, and I believe I speak for them, the customers and the forums will all miss him greatly as well.

RIP buddy.

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike
This is indeed very sad, I wish you and your family the best at this hard time. I have been less active recently so have not been able to speak to him as much as I used to but we have lost a truly great person.

I don't know if this is still a little early, but it would be awesome if you named your next pre-built system Vanthus :)

This was my thoughts as I was reading down the thread, the years of support a dedication Vanthus has shown deserves a pre-built name or some kind of acknowledgement.

BennoWilson

Bronze Level Poster
Very sorry to hear about your loss! Vanthus was a great guy, such a sad loss.
My thoughts are with all of his friends and family.

R.I.P!

CARodgers2011

Thank you all for your kind words. I have passed them on to Vanthus widow who is amazed by how much he was respected and how much he has managed to help people he never even met.

Cadwah

Rising Star
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Vanthus was a great help to many here on this forum.

I think that naming a Review PC after him would be a great tribute, it would have to be an absolute beast of a machine though.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Very sad new, be sure to pass on my condolences.

As others have already said he will be greatly missed around these parts, thoroughly knowledgeable and respected by all.

RIP Vanthus.