13.3" Lafité

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We are pleased to launch our latest super sleek 13.3" laptop, the lafité:

Full Aluminium construction
Only 18mm thick at the thickest point - super sleek!
5th gen Intel CPUs
Full HD panel
Only 1.4Kg

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
9.jpg

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I quite like the names you give your laptops and pre-done desktops on the whole...but go on, explain that one? :D

rzolv

Bronze Level Poster
Can you guys tell me who the trackpad in these is made by? Is it synaptic, sentelic or elan?

rzolv

Bronze Level Poster
Never heard of them. Claims it supports Linux though. But can't find any mention of it in the kernel. Have you guys tested this machine (and in particular the touchpad) with Linux?

Tom DWC

Glad you went with silver cause it's pretty clear what it's out to beat. :D

Looks like it can compete on the build, weight and battery life fronts, and with a higher res screen and significantly better spec for the price.

Half tempted to pick one of these up, ticks nearly all the boxes. Only thing missing for me personally would be an IPS panel option - good that it's a matte display though.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard of them. Claims it supports Linux though. But can't find any mention of it in the kernel. Have you guys tested this machine (and in particular the touchpad) with Linux?

Unfortunately we haven't tested this with Linux. If you are interested in purchasing this you are welcome to order one and test it with Linux for 14 days and we will offer a full refund if your are not satisfied. You just need to make sure that you return it at your cost in perfect condition (free of blemishes etc.) and with all parts and packaging.

R

rwky

Look great, a few questions.

1. Is the battery user replacable (we can order spares so I'm assuming yes, and that the bottoms panel has to be unscrewed to get to it?)
2. Will you be adding the Samsung Evo 850 1TB to the drive options? It's 7mm so will fit, it'd save me having to buy one separately and pop it in.
3. I assume the power supply is the same size as the one for the Sigma?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Look great, a few questions.

1. Is the battery user replacable (we can order spares so I'm assuming yes, and that the bottoms panel has to be unscrewed to get to it?)
2. Will you be adding the Samsung Evo 850 1TB to the drive options? It's 7mm so will fit, it'd save me having to buy one separately and pop it in.
3. I assume the power supply is the same size as the one for the Sigma?

1. The battery can be replaced but it is not straight-forward. The panel will need to be unscrewed and some connections changed inside the chassis.

2. The drive has been added - not sure why this was not included on the configurator.

3. The power supply is 40W but not necessarily the same manufacturer or model.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
One question for any readers? Do you think this laptop appears to be too cheaply priced?

Does the fact that the price is competitive put you off somewhat - perhaps making you feel the product is inferior to more expensive models? It isn't of course.

R

rwky

Nope I think it's priced perfectly, (well it could be cheaper but then I'd be cheeky!) if it had pcie storage, a 4k screen or a dedicated graphics card then I'd expect it to be more but for what you get I'm happy :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
One question for any readers? Do you think this laptop appears to be too cheaply priced?

Does the fact that the price is competitive put you off somewhat - perhaps making you feel the product is inferior to more expensive models? It isn't of course.

I don't think it's too cheap, once you've configured your looking between 550 - 700 which is a good price for a build like this with such premium components. I think it's a good mid range price. I'm pointing my colleagues to this one now.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Any ideas on battery life?

The battery life is up to 7.5 hours which is the maximum possible battery life under light usage and power saving.

Our test playing a HD film on repeat was 385 minutes (6 hours 25 minutes).

Wibble

No such thing as too cheap! :)

When configuring my preferred specification it says the i3 processor is out of stock - any idea when these will be back in?