Console game rentals

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
cheers man,

gone with paramount games rental in the end, so far not had any problems, however their website design is really dated and they have some stone age way of selecting your rental list. but the turn around for receiving games has been spot on,

www.paramountgamesrental.co.uk/

thegreb

Bronze Level Poster
You know what would be cool? I website that rents out games consoles. Do any websites like that exist?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Why not boomerang rentals? Will try one of them, half term!

Due to a screw up with card details being stolen they had to bring down the payment/sign up system... Which still isn't back up... Apparently end of next week it should be working, the service apparentally has gone down hill with poor turnaround times for recieving games unless it's an old unpopular game,

Was planning on going with them because it comes across as lovefilm when they use to have a games rental service,

Whereas paramount looks like it's run by one bloke in his basement in Wales, with a terrible logo, rubbish website and as I've mentioned before the itest way of selecting your games... Basically you have to email the guy what you want

That being said it's been a fabulous service and the turnaround time for recieving games has been spot on and in the end that's all that really matters, also his customer service is pretty good. I was going to switch to boomerang once the site went live because honestly I thought I wasn't going to receive anything from paramount... The sites got spelling mistakes and looks unprofessional, but the experience has been surprisingly good

Last edited by a moderator:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Due to a f up with card details being stolen they had to bring down the payment/sign up system... Which still isn't back up... Apparently end of next week it should be working, the service apparentally has gone down hill with poor turnaround times for recieving games unless it's an old unpopular game,

Was planning on going with them because it comes across as lovefilm when they use to have a games rental service,

Whereas paramount looks like it's run by one bloke in his basement in Wales, with a terrible logo, rubbish website and as I've mentioned before the itest way of selecting your games... Basically you have to email the guy what you want

That being said it's been a fabulous service and the turnaround time for recieving games has been spot on and in the end that's all that really matters, also his customer service is pretty good. I was going to switch to boomerang once the site went live because honestly I thought I wasn't going to receive anything from paramount... The sites got spelling mistakes and looks unprofessional, but the experience has been surprisingly good

I just signed up with paramount. No way I can log in and check my preferences, no confirmation or account details just a PayPal confirmation. I reckon you are the guy running paramount, send me my details now!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I just signed up with paramount. No way I can log in and check my preferences, no confirmation or account details just a PayPal confirmation. I reckon you are the guy running paramount, send me my details now!

Mauahahahaha ...

Yeah was my initial impression...

Was going to just beat up this Anthony guy (owner) who wasting my time but judging my his facebook page everyone seems happy with his service so let it slide, and then out the blue I received a confirmation email, then a phone call from him, then a welcome email and then a game and now I couldn't be happier....

Well he could implemented a way to view your list on his website that would be great

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Phonecall? I gave a number I don't use anymore. Wth? Why does he need to talk to me? I was joking before but it seems it was you!!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
In the confirmation email he'll ask for a contact number so he can verify your billing address, just to help prevent fraud and people just keeping the games during the free trial and running off (deadeye >.>)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
In the confirmation email he'll ask for a contact number so he can verify your billing address, just to help prevent fraud and people just keeping the games during the free trial and running off (deadeye >.>)

Sounds like a lot of hassle. How long did it take to get the confirmation email? I signed up 1.5 hours ago

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Couple of hours, I wasn't going to bother because like I said looks like a s brick, but there's no alternative at the moment
Also I have the theory that's it's one guy in his basement, maybe attic and judging by his company's customer service times

CALL PGR
call our Customer Service line on _ 0845 0038266
Mon-Fri 10.00-18.00 and Sat 10.00-12.00
(Calls are charged 14p per min)

Pretty sure he's out clubbing with your cash at the moment

just don't worry about it till you get it, I'm primarily a pc gamer... Just that my friends won't splash out on a pc and since I CBa to pay for everything twice I decided renting was the best choice for me

If only every publisher released games like valve did with portal 2 where the console version came with a free steam key

Maybe one day :(

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Couple of hours, I wasn't going to bother because like I said looks like a s brick, but there's no alternative at the moment
Also I have the theory that's it's one guy in his basement, maybe attic and judging by his company's customer service times

CALL PGR
call our Customer Service line on _ 0845 0038266
Mon-Fri 10.00-18.00 and Sat 10.00-12.00
(Calls are charged 14p per min)

Pretty sure he's out clubbing with your cash at the moment

just don't worry about it till you get it, I'm primarily a pc gamer... Just that my friends won't splash out on a pc and since I CBa to pay for everything twice I decided renting was the best choice for me

If only every publisher released games like valve did with portal 2 where the console version came with a free steam key

Maybe one day :(

Maybe one day we can all be part of the master race and not have to discriminate against peasants.

steaky360

Maybe one day we can all be part of the master race and not have to discriminate against peasants.

I totally agree. I had hoped with the introduction of the 'steam machines' (or rather perhaps more correctly SFF 'living room' PC's) that it would be more affordable, accessible and therefore more attractive to get one of these instead of a XBONE or PS4. But alas it seems that the traditional closed off buttoned down consoles are here to stay (at least for the time being).

Apologies for being off topic. I'll shut up now.

:eek:fftopic:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Got the following message:
Good morning,
We are contacting you as unfortunately we were unable to preauthorise your free trial with the billing details you provided. We are not provided with reasons why this may have occurred so please clarify why this might of occurred or cancel your registration via PayPal to avoid being charged in due course.

Someone called me yesterday in the evening (claiming to be from paramount) and asked for my credit card details. Very dodgy method of operation.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I've signed up with boomerang, now that their site is back up
www.boomerangrentals.co.uk

so far paramount has been faultless with getting games to me, but the simplicity of boomerangs site (can pick the games I want on my phone as well as holding a toddler) is winning me over, so I'll probably cancel with paramount.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I've signed up with boomerang, now that their site is back up
www.boomerangrentals.co.uk

so far paramount has been faultless with getting games to me, but the simplicity of boomerangs site (can pick the games I want on my phone as well as holding a toddler) is winning me over, so I'll probably cancel with paramount.

Paramount is rubbish! I have attempted twice to sign up, even offered to pay in advance with no avail. Phone number doesn't work and they don't bother answering/replying emails. Just signed up with Boomerang, took 4 minutes.