Which chassis do you like best?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Quick question!

Assuming the specification was identical, so the same processor, memory, hard drive, RAM, screen resolution, etc.

Out of the two chassis designs below which do you like the most? The one on the left or the one on the right?

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

steaky360

I think I prefer the one on the left! Looks sleeker, whereas the one on the right looks 'brickyer' (for want of a better phrase)

Mordant

Silver Level Poster
The one on the left just wins for me due to the keyboard although I do prefer the look of the one on the right in bottom closed position.

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
Left I think - like the surface finish better and looks sleeker as said above. Would be nice to see more angles!

ricbai

Bronze Level Poster
Can I express a "no preference". The one on the left looks more Dellish (Latitude) and the one more HPish (Pavilion) though. To me, a laptop needs have a screen, touch pad, keyboard with num pad and function keys and then it's just really size/weight/battery ratios.

amoshi

Gold Level Poster
Right for me. I don't think the brushed aluminium effect looks good on the "inside" of the laptop. I love it on the outside though. :)

MegaLeon

Isn't the one on the right an Ultranote chassis and the one on the left a Genesis V? I'd go for the latter... hoping you are asking to decide in addition of the Lafite' 15" to the family :)

Last edited:

9fingers

Prefer the colour on the left but the one on the right has better screen,bezel separation. Although it could be down to the photography.