Need CPU fan help

Maksy13

Banned
Hey guys so well this is the deal my PC is a beast but the CPU fan sounds like a tractor any good quiet fan suggestions? they don't have to be complete quiet but just so it doesn't annoy me.

Cheers, Maks

Maksy13

Banned
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P AMD Socket AM3+
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X Boost 2GB
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3.50GHz (4.10GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 6-Core Processor
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
PSU: EVGA 500W 80 Plus Power Supply
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Only built the PC like a month ago so i'm still gonna be upgrading along the way.

steaky360

You didn't mention what cooler you have :). The R9270X is a pretty loud card under load (I believe). Could be that.

It would also help to know what case you have too :)

Maksy13

Banned
I did say what the case is but i can tell you again. And also yeh the cooler is quite small so it might not be my cooler it might be the graphics card :L no way of fixing that easily I would have to buy a whole new Graphics card which i haven't got the money for but I guess i'll at least help my CPU so any suggestions?

Case: BitFenix Comrade Midi-Tower
Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I did say what the case is but i can tell you again. And also yeh the cooler is quite small so it might not be my cooler it might be the graphics card :L no way of fixing that easily I would have to buy a whole new Graphics card which i haven't got the money for but I guess i'll at least help my CPU so any suggestions?

Stock amd coolers are extremely loud. You may want to look at an alternative aftermarket cooler which would do a better job with less noise.

steaky360

I didn't see where you mentioned it before, my apologies!!!

Noctua coolers generally get good reviews, you'd need to check they'll fit inside of your case though - I'm not really familiar with the bitfenix comrade tower.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Something like the Hyper 212 evo is a good option if not planning to overclock, relatively quiet and very cool for the price