Laptop display advice - which one for good contrast?

mnky_

I currently have a Fusion-T. Now, I might get laughed at for buying a touchscreen but I just wanted to see if it would be useful, especially as an option when playing games as I like to play old style strategy games like Red Alert 2. Turns out I hardly use the touch screen as it's too much effort to lift my arm... I felt the same way about the wiimote. I'm digressing.

I'm going to put my Fusion-T to use elsewhere as a business laptop and get myself a replacement, not because of the touchscreen but because of the display. It's the only bad thing about the laptop which is otherwise perfect! The resolution is fine, I'm not interested in a retina display, but the contrast is terrible! It just appears really washed out and I've played around with the display settings to try and get a good dark black and nice bright white but it just doesn't seem possible with this one.

I've attached a photo to show what I mean. The top display is a middle-range monitor with a good contrast but nothing exceptional. The bottom display is the laptop. You can really see the difference if you pay attention to the black colour in the middle of the test screen image.

So I'm looking for a new laptop from PCS because I love these guys but I want to avoid the disappointment from the display. I can't see anything about this on the "build your laptop" pages. Any help?

display_comparison.jpg

UKmitch86

I currently have a Fusion-T. Now, I might get laughed at for buying a touchscreen but I just wanted to see if it would be useful, especially as an option when playing games as I like to play old style strategy games like Red Alert 2. Turns out I hardly use the touch screen as it's too much effort to lift my arm... I felt the same way about the wiimote. I'm digressing.

I'm going to put my Fusion-T to use elsewhere as a business laptop and get myself a replacement, not because of the touchscreen but because of the display. It's the only bad thing about the laptop which is otherwise perfect! The resolution is fine, I'm not interested in a retina display, but the contrast is terrible! It just appears really washed out and I've played around with the display settings to try and get a good dark black and nice bright white but it just doesn't seem possible with this one.

I've attached a photo to show what I mean. The top display is a middle-range monitor with a good contrast but nothing exceptional. The bottom display is the laptop. You can really see the difference if you pay attention to the black colour in the middle of the test screen image.

So I'm looking for a new laptop from PCS because I love these guys but I want to avoid the disappointment from the display. I can't see anything about this on the "build your laptop" pages. Any help?

View attachment 6327

I'd also like to see some assistance in the form of details about the panels on offer.

I emailed yesterday to ask, but haven't received any reply yet.

Hope you find the answer you need!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd also like to see some assistance in the form of details about the panels on offer.

I emailed yesterday to ask, but haven't received any reply yet.

Hope you find the answer you need!

You can google the panel model number for detailed information.

mnky_

In the configurator it has question marks to the right of each component, click on that and it gives you further details including model numbers.

That would be awesome advice, except so far I've looked at 6 models of laptop and they all say "Model Number: N/A"