Bluray Disc Drive not working...?

I bought a PC for PCS recently. Everything is working fine until I went out and got my first bluray to try out... Nothing happens when I insert it in. But a DVD works fine, what's the problem?

The Bluray Disc Drive is a Pioneer BDC-207DBK.

Thanks!

What are you using to play the bdrom?

I don't know. With a DVD it auto launches or has a popup saying play etc... With a bluray, nothing happens. I don't get it. There was no software or CDROM in the box, so not sure what to do. It's my first PC and am a little confused if its broken or not :(

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I don't know. With a DVD it auto launches or has a popup saying play etc... With a bluray, nothing happens. I don't get it. There was no software or CDROM in the box, so not sure what to do. It's my first PC and am a little confused if its broken or not :(

There should be some software available, have you check your welcome pack?

There should be some software available, have you check your welcome pack?

I've gone through the pack twice just now to make sure, but there wasn't anything to do with my Blu-ray Disc drive except the manuals. Do I need something else then? Looking on the pioneer site my Blu-ray Disc drive doesn't even exist?!

rui35

got an issue with TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB

device status: windows cannot start the hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (code 19) not sure how to fix this driver sais its up to date

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've gone through the pack twice just now to make sure, but there wasn't anything to do with my Blu-ray Disc drive except the manuals. Do I need something else then? Looking on the pioneer site my Blu-ray Disc drive doesn't even exist?!

You need software to play the disc. If pcs provided software I would have thought it would come in the box. May be worth calling them and asking if there is any provided.

May be worth logging into the main pcs site and go to the downloads section as it may be there also.

If not you'll have to source your own, but try the above first.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
got an issue with TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB

device status: windows cannot start the hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (code 19) not sure how to fix this driver sais its up to date

Could you start your own thread, please don't hijack other people's.