Noob question, which lead do i need

Hi all, just got home and received my new gaming pc.

Small problem, i appear to not have the correct lead to run my monitor to the computer i believe i have an old VGA lead however this new computer i have bought has 2 graphic cards running in SLi

Never seen this opening on the back. I believe i need a DVI lead to connect them to the monitor but cannot be sure. Thanks all

PS my monitor is a VGA also, however i heard you can get an adapter for this. none too sure

Last edited:

steaky360

Hi all, just got home and received my new gaming pc.

Small problem, i appear to not have the correct lead to run my monitor to the computer i believe i have an old VGA lead however this new computer i have bought has 2 graphic cards running in SLi

Never seen this opening on the back. I believe i need a DVI lead to connect them to the monitor but cannot be sure. Thanks all

PS my monitor is a VGA also, however i heard you can get an adapter for this. none too sure

Hi Curtis,

If your graphics card has DVI out and your monitor requires VGA you'll certainly need a converter (they're pretty cheap from amazon/etc. quick google will find them) - but if I'm honest, you probably want a new monitor really to get the best out of your SLi cards.

What monitor do you have? Also what are your specs?

Rakk

The Awesome
HI Curtis, if you could let us know what graphics cards you got in your new machine we can tell you what ports it has and will be able to give more help :)

Chances are you have a selection out if the following ports: HDMI, mHDMI, DVI or mDP

Hi thanks for the reply, my current monitor is "AOCE2270SWN"

and the new desktop computer setup is;
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z97-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready

Thanks all!