Optimus V 13.3 Clevo Hotkey / Headphones in Ubuntu

cpj

I have got a Optimus V 13.3 Dual booted Windows 7 64-bit, with Ubuntu 14.04 64-Bit on BIOS.
A while back I had problems with the headphone port on both Windows and Ubuntu, where every boot it would either work or not, and rebooting it a few times fixes it for that boot, but temporarily.
This only affects the headphones, as the speakers worked pefectly always.

I found a fix for this on Windows by installing Clevo Hotkey, the program that is included in the drivers etc.
But this is only on windows, not linux. Therefore in Ubuntu the heaphones jack is still dysfunctional.

A solution would be if clevo have made a linux version of Hotkey. I cannot find this, but if it exists, please say.
Otherwise if anybody has another solution for this in linux, please say.

cpj

I can't find this setting in the BIOS. Maybe my laptop doesn't have it?
I also can't find any drivers for clevo laptops for linux. I don't mind third party software too much, but I haven't found any that work.
Do you have a link to any drivers? It would be most appreciated.

I see many other people have a similiar problem. Its just as I found the solution for windows, there might be a similiar solution (only for clevo laptops), that might work.

i don't have an optimus, i have something equivalent to the defiance but i had the same problem, try this:

sudo apt-get install alsa-tools-gui
hdajackretask

select the correct codec (by default in my laptop it selects the hdmi)
find pin 0x1b

it should say "headphone" and it probably says line out front or something

override to headphone, apply and check

if it works install boot override

cpj

nah that doesn't seem to work.
I also tried some others (line out) but none worked.

It also caused it to stop working when it was working before.
So this is probably near the solution but not it exactly.

thanks anyway

true
i retested and it does not work anymore but i am pretty sure it did the first time i tried and remapping pin 0x1b and inserting the headphone jack is correctly recognized by the system (if you look in the volume panel)
so yes, it's near there

i advise you to try again

i redid the procedure last night and it was successfull even after cold or warm reboot
the only problem is that volumes are sometimes muted when booting or when the plug is inserted so check with alsamixer what's happening. I did not understand what is the logic behind that.
you should clearly see a reaction of alsamixer or the volume panel when you insert the headphone jack, if not maybe it's the wrong pin for your soundcard (mine is an ALC892)

casvan

This WORKED on my Clevo P670SE based laptop, similar to the Defiance.
Problem: Plugging in a headphone is not recognized, no sound on headphone, built-in speaker OK, and oddly enough line out is OK and even recognized.

Solution:
sudo apt-get install alsa-tools-gui
hdajackretask

select the correct codec (by default in my laptop it selects the hdmi)
find pin 0x1b

it should say "headphone" and it probably says line out front or something

override to headphone, apply and check

if it works install boot override

Thanks so much for this, I've been messing around with settings for hours before I found this.