Driver and programms

xaris-18-

The last time a made a format to my hard drive, I splited my drive in half. One half(100GB) was for windows and some basic programms and the other half(900GB) was for files and my programms. I want to make a format again and if I do my PC won't be able to see the programms I have on the second half. For example, when I hit right click on an image and I go to "open with" it shows photoshop. After the format it doesn't show it. My PC cannot see those programms cause it thinks that they were never installed(it's only natural). Is there a way to make him see them again as if I had re-installed them?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm afraid not. When you install a program Windows writes a whole bunch of registry entries and sometimes adds .dll and .exe files to Windows libraries for the new program. You will never be able to reliably recreate those entries manually. Sadly you have no choice but to reinstall.

xaris-18-

But the programms are still working after the format. It's not that they are missing something. I know how to keep a back up from my registry, but is there a specific folder that contains the programms? I am interested only in the programms that are on D(the second half), I don't care about the ones on C, those I can install really fast.