Dual graphics card help

One LAST thing. My current laptop has two drives. C and D. C is almost maxed out and i am wondering if i could move stuff to the D drive? Is it safe or is D only for programs and if i added stuff would i break it?

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
No worries. My networked hard drive is not a true NAS and is very basic and is only just about coping with what I want so I'm getting a NAS soon too. If you get one very soon (ie. before me) then I'd like to know and see which one you get to see how you find it. I've been looking at synology. Anyway, enjoy.

SlimCini

One LAST thing. My current laptop has two drives. C and D. C is almost maxed out and i am wondering if i could move stuff to the D drive? Is it safe or is D only for programs and if i added stuff would i break it?

Unless it's basic files like office files, photo files, music files or video files I wouldn't. You can't simply move program files from one drive to the other. You could of course uninstall something and reinstall it on the D drive?

SlimCini

Don't know. I've got the N6300 which can and is a awesome card. 150mb wireless consistently wherever in my house

Hi again. I have just been looking around online and I found some people need something called a PSU? Will I need one for my laptop to work?
If so, which kind do I need?

But would a 330w power supply be able to handle a gtx 98 sli along with other parts of a laptop? Sorry if my question seems stupid I just don't know a lot about this stuff.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
But would a 330w power supply be able to handle a gtx 98 sli along with other parts of a laptop? Sorry if my question seems stupid I just don't know a lot about this stuff.

If PCS is selling it yes. They won't sell you something that wouldn't work. You get a warning if you need a different power supply.

I didn't really want to. I am just using an example. I wanted to know if it could handle an sli. because if it could then a single gtx 980 will be perfectly fine to power.

SlimCini

I didn't really want to. I am just using an example. I wanted to know if it could handle an sli. because if it could then a single gtx 980 will be perfectly fine to power.

Depending on your chassis choice (and therefore components within it), the power brick will be different... they won't sell you a laptop without the power unit to run it.

SlimCini

oh.... I thought they were all the same. oops.Well at least now I know I have nothing to worry about.

They're probably all the same for each chassis I'm sure. But the only SLI chassis (Vortex IV Elite) can only ever come with SLI. You can't spec up a Vortex IV Elite without an SLI configuration. They're not going to give you a Vortex IV power brick with a Vortex IV Elite laptop.

nb. Of course I could be wrong and actually all the power packs are exactly the same and they're all capable of powering 2x980s.

But regardless, you don't need to actually worry about the PSU in a laptop. There is no configurable choice for this... the suitable one will be included in the package that you are delivered.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
They're probably all the same for each chassis I'm sure. But the only SLI chassis (Vortex IV Elite) can only ever come with SLI. You can't spec up a Vortex IV Elite without an SLI configuration. They're not going to give you a Vortex IV power brick with a Vortex IV Elite laptop.

nb. Of course I could be wrong and actually all the power packs are exactly the same and they're all capable of powering 2x980s.

But regardless, you don't need to actually worry about the PSU in a laptop. There is no configurable choice for this... the suitable one will be included in the package that you are delivered.

The Vortex IV Elite actually comes with 2 power packs and you have to have them both plugged in at the same time to power it, it's a beast.

SlimCini

The Vortex IV Elite actually comes with 2 power packs and you have to have them both plugged in at the same time to power it, it's a beast.

I'd heard that a while ago but then I thought I also remember reading recently someone else debunk this as a myth and that it was also just one power pack like the regular Vortex?? Only one way to find... go and buy one Spyder and let me know.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd heard that a while ago but then I thought I also remember reading recently someone else debunk this as a myth and that it was also just one power pack like the regular Vortex?? Only one way to find... go and buy one Spyder and let me know.

Apologies then, wasn't aware of that... think you're right, I'll just buy one to be sure to be sure :)