Problem with my Gaming Pc

Zynthetic

Hey, first of all iam really sorry if i posted this thread in a wrong place but i am new and i hope u can understand that, i have a very annoying problem with my gaming pc first i will post my pc specs:

AMD RADEON HD 7900 Series graphic card

intel core i5-3570 CPU 3.40GHz

16gb ram

windows 7 ultimate

whenever i play games i get 200+ fps non stop in most games exception is planetside 2 which i run on 50+ fps BUT i have this VERY annoying problem it has been annoying me since the day i got my custom built pc, whenever i play cs go/planetside2/payday2/mount and blade warband/battlefield 3/borderlands2 oh i could go on, to the point my gpu's temperature rises up to 70/80 degrees and pc auto shuts down some times it even reaches 90 and then it turns off because of autoshut down safety thing. I started using speedfan to increase the speed of my graphics card fan to decrease temperature, it helped just a bit so now i can play these games normally but if i forget to turn on the program and put the fan speed to 100% it turns off. It generally turns off my pc when i play on very high resolution like 1920x1080 or 1700x1100(cant remember the exact values) i run every game on maximum settings and it runs brilliantly no fps problems currently running csgo on highest settings 230+ fps on server with 18 people, i even started opening windows in my room because i though it was ventilation problem, it helped just enough that now i can put my gpu's fan speed to 85% not 100% i need help pls anybody?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Have you try a clean installation for the gpu driver? Have you contacted technical support?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
i did install new drivers about 2-3 three times didnt help, and no i havent contacted technical support

If you have tried installing drivers I would suggest contacting technical support to help you diagnose the problem

Jamie0202

Enthusiast
Sounds like a basic cooling problem. Make sure there is adequate airflow to the PC. Make sure vents aren't blocked. I'd also consider a repaste. In fact I'm pretty certain your problem is with the thermal paste, fans or ventilation.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/10418-how-to-change-your-gpus-thermal-paste-with-pictures/

In the meantime having your card produce 200 frames every second is in my opinion a waste. Limit your card to 60fps. This will reduce the work your GPU has to do which should reduce your temperatures. As you have plenty of wiggle room, UNDERclocking your GPU will also lower your temperatures. Don't do this long term though as you do have a cooling issue. This should be a temporary measure to allow you to play before you fix the real problem.