2.5" to 3.5" SSD/HDD Mount

ILCattivo

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone here should be able to help me with this one..?? Maybe one of the PCS guys who know this piece of kit...

I have a CoolerMaster Cosmos PC Case with 6 x 3.5" Drive bays and need to attach my 2 x 2.5" SSD into the bays via a mounting plate of some kind.
Having bought a so called 'universal' mounting kit for this type of job from Maplins recently, the plate simply isn't compatible with the CoolerMasters removable drive bays!

Can anyone please point me in the direction of what 2.5" mount is suitable for these removeable bays, which only have 4 screw holes on the bottom plates and none on the side (by design cause you can't get the screw heads past the sliding bay mechanism) I can upload photos tomorrow for an example to give people a better idea of what I mean..

One of the original drives I got with the machine was a 2.5" 300GB Velociraptor HDD which is in a suitable mount within one of the bays. Would that same mount plate also be ok for a SSD Sata III 6Gb/s and if so can anyone from PCS tell me where I can get hold of a couple of them?

Many Thanks guys

Last edited:

ILCattivo

Got a couple of Pic's of the 3.5" removable HDD bay type i'm talking about

As you can see the 2.5" SSD can only be attached to these removable bays via a mounting plate attached to the 4 bottom holes with the blue washers fixed atop of them.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.JPG

Any suitable Mounting plates you know of please...?

Many Thanks

ILCattivo

Thanks Spyder,

Looking through the thread it looks like he doesn't make the custom build mounts anymore, however your post and link has pointed me in the direction of what looks like the solution which was in the 2nd from last post on that same overclockers thread (luckily).

This bad boy (below) looks very much like it will do the job... I beleive people have successfully used these in CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 cases.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=221

Just need to find out how I can source two of them now...

Thanks again for your help Spyder :)