Optimus V new fan

Megachi

I purchased my 15.7 inch Optimus V in 2013. I think it is a great laptop. The only downside is that the fan makes a lot of noise.
Is it possible to upgrade the fan with another kind of fan, perhaps a more expensive one? I do not care if that would be from another brand.
Is this possible and if so, what kind of laptop fans should I be looking at?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I purchased my 15.7 inch Optimus V in 2013. I think it is a great laptop. The only downside is that the fan makes a lot of noise.
Is it possible to upgrade the fan with another kind of fan, perhaps a more expensive one? I do not care if that would be from another brand.

Unfortunately not with laptops, the fans are a part of the manufacturers chassis design and you don't really get aftermarket parts for custom builds. It may be worth contacting PCS and see if there's a BIOS update you can apply as I believe a more recent version addressed the fan speeds.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Why?

mrducking

Bright Spark

technically you can but I remit myself to ubuysa: why would you do that? for this to work you would need to mod the chassis, which means cutting, filing rough edges, glueing... etc. not really what i would do with a laptop only 2 years old
if you are having trouble with temps without overclocking then just repaste and clean the vents