Monitor and Speakers died while in-game

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Hi guys

I downloaded LEGO: The Hobbit from Steam last night. It worked ok until it crashed.

Now, this morning the monitor and speakers died on me and I had to reset the computer. Any ideas why it they would fail? The monitor said 'no signal'.

I'm verifying files for the game now.

I have the graphics settings on max.

Last edited:

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Update:

Played the game again. This time it seemed like the hard drive slowed down then speeded up again. Then soon after I got a message saying it couldn't create a file......I was going to write the .exe file down, but I missed it. It began with IO or OI

It then turned to a blue screen and restarted itself.

steaky360

Is everything else working fine? I'd be tempted to uninstall and reinstall if everything else appears ok.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I don't know why that would solve it. It only happens on the new game I downloaded?

I also have Lego: LOTR but haven't tested if it does the same.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Yes I scanned the computer using Malwarebytes but didn't find anything.

Not sure if I want to mess about with something when I don't know what it does.

I'm unsure which version I should get. I have version 12.0.0183... I don't have an up to date version. Because I haven't messed around with anything like this before, can I download the latest version and install that and will it replace the previous?

IRST downloads

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes I scanned the computer using Malwarebytes but didn't find anything.

Not sure if I want to mess about with something when I don't know what it does.

I'm unsure which version I should get. I have version 12.0.0183... I don't have an up to date version. Because I haven't messed around with anything like this before, can I download the latest version and install that and will it replace the previous?

IRST downloads

IRST is Intel's storage driver which basically attempts to speed up R/W to the SATA drives. You can run perfectly fine without it, it's not essential.

But yes, you'll be able to run the most recent version without compatibility issues.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I looked for a download and read the ReadMe.txt file. I read through the steps and it says the following:

Your system does not appear to be running in RAID or
AHCI mode or does not have a supported Intel(R) SATA controller
installed. If you feel that your system is running in
RAID or AHCI mode and you do not see any of the
controllers listed above, you may choose to contact
your system manufacturer or place of purchase for
assistance.

Not sure what to do now. I'd rather just leave it alone.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

Simple question..

Do I need it?

In one of my threads I started I mentioned that I'm having trouble playing two games (LEGO: LOTR & The Hobbit)....After playing the game for 2 minutes, the speakers and monitor go dead and I have to press+hold the power button on the computer. The file I'm having trouble with is IAStorIcon.exe

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Simple question..

Do I need it?

In one of my threads I started I mentioned that I'm having trouble playing two games (LEGO: LOTR & The Hobbit)....After playing the game for 2 minutes, the speakers and monitor go dead and I have to press+hold the power button on the computer. The file I'm having trouble with is IAStorIcon.exe

Any suggestions?

You don't need it. If you uninstall it, windows should automatically replace it with the Microsoft alternative, cant remember what its called.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Backing up 'My Document' files while downloading a Lego game (since I deleted them both) then going to uninstall Rapid Storage to see if it makes a difference. I'll keep you updated.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Same problem. Different error. The hard drive does the same= Slows down then speeds up.

I've given up. I'm not trying anything else to try and play the Lego games. My pc just doesn't like them.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Same problem. Different error. The hard drive does the same= Slows down then speeds up.

I've given up. I'm not trying anything else to try and play the Lego games. My pc just doesn't like them.

Weird. Just out of interest, what hard drive do you have?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I just don't understand why I can play both Lego games for a couple of minutes and then I get the errors.

There must be a reason for it to do this?

Maybe a reinstall of Windows would do the trick, but I don't want to do it.