Monitor and Speakers died while in-game

NilSatis

Bright Spark
I just don't understand why I can play both Lego games for a couple of minutes and then I get the errors.

There must be a reason for it to do this?

Maybe a reinstall of Windows would do the trick, but I don't want to do it.

Weird problem this one, played both of these games without issue on the latest Catalyst beta driver and an r9 290/2500k without issues at all on the same hard disc as you have. That sounds like too much of a generic error for it to be related to the Intel RST service to be honest. I got rid of this a long time ago from my pc as (like you have found) it offers no benefit to users that dont use RAID systems etc. and couldn't find any evidence that it helped anything apart from delaying windows start as its another service to be loaded up; however the error suggests to be that something is failing and this is the first thing related to the hard drive that throws an error up as a result.

Things I would do:

a) Do a scan on yr hard drive to make sure nothing is failing there using any hard disc checker. If not do an sfc/ scannow command and see if that throws any errors up.
b) Check the Control Panel/System/Action centre/ Expand maintenance tab/view reliability history. See what the report suggests happened on the crashes. This is sometimes more specific to what has gone wrong. You might find the real cause here.
c) If you are sure 100% no Malware is on there, run the game with no virus checker in the background. Some can be a total pain with some games and are not needed while running one. Make sure to turn them back on if it doesnt help!
d) Make sure the gpu is updated to the latest driver. The latest Catalyst driver is very good; an improvement once again over the Omega drivers, but can cause stability problems in some random cases, if you are on that revert back to the Omega driver. Always delete the driver completely and reboot and install the latest one. Don't ever do it over the top. After manually uninstalling from control panel go through c:/ drive and delete all ATI/AMD folders. Then search for AMD/ATI just to make sure. This will make sure its a clean installation.
e) After deleting your old drivers, and before installing new ones, download CCleaner and clean the registry and do a manual clean up. If you use the default settings here nothing will be deleted that cant be got back. Make a backup of the registry during this if you like. Some people frown on this; but I have used it for years and have never had a problem. If you have never used it prepare to see a load of crap that has not been uninstalled with programs/apps you have had on there be cleaned.
f) Check what is running at startup in Msconfig. Post here if there is anything that shouldnt be there or you are unsure what it is.
g) Make sure there is no unnecessary software running in the background when you are trying to play, sometimes this will cause problems.
h) Check Task manager and monitor disc activity while running a game, or that game using resource monitor. See if you can spot anything weird.
i) Try different graphics settings in the games, make sure Vsync is running if it isnt. Check temperatures of the card and your cpu using MSI afterburner or something similar as you play.

If none of these throw up the problem, then I might have some more suggestions, but have a go at that for now. :D Reinstall of Windows should definitely not be needed unless other games are showing the same problems and should really be a very last resort.

Last edited:

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
The last time I tried running the game, I deleted it. They were only £3 each.

I've already done the scans and nothing was found. I used Malwarebytes.

I check for new drivers every so often so everything is up to date.

I use MSI Afterburner in my games all the time. Can't remember what the GPU temps were. Probably 50-60C.

Turning Vsync on and off didn't make a difference from what I can remember.