Defiance 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Overclocking ?

lukeykiid

I recently bought The Defiance laptop with an i7 4710 and a GTX 970m and i was wondering not that i need to overclock these, there is plenty of power of these but is there any room for overclocking with this case ? i have notices with my computer not doing much but browsing its running at around 35-40 Celsius. That's with the fans being on auto.
Most of the time i just leave the fans at maximum just to keep it all cool even if im not gaming.
when the fans are on maximum and its just browsing its around the 25-30 C mark.

Gaming on a good open surface its about 50 - 55 C maybe a little higher haven't really checked it. When ever i do take notice it is around that though.
So based off that i think there is pretty good cooling out of the laptop. So i think myself there is enough room for a small over clock.

Like i said at the start there isn't any need for me to overclock the laptop im just being curious and rather ask then try and do damage :p

Thanks
Luke :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
the chassis is not designed to be overclocked and I believe the bios is locking the possibility of overclocking the cpu or gpu. You could try to get around that but I wouldn't recommend it and you are likely to void your warranty

mrducking

Bright Spark
as a defiance 15" owner myself I can confirm that it "could" be overclocked, but only the gpu: don't even go near the cpu, it runs hot enough as it is
the gpu cooling system is really really good and I think you can perfectly overclock the gpu
even though you can you shouldnt do it unless you are over your warranty, besides, the 970m runs pretty sweet as it is

in the remote case you still plan/want to overclock the gpu (forget cpu, dont even think about it) you will have to flash the bios, and as far as I know the Prema mod bios are still the best for Clevo laptops, so download it from there
other than that you will have to know how to OC