Am I out Out of date already?

Firstly I ordered my Laptop on the 11th of Jan 2015, will I be eligible for a free windows 10 upgrade?

Secondly I went on the site Can I Run It.....apparently my laptop can't....it reaches min specifications on most games and doesn't even register on others....I haven't really tested its gaming ability since i bought it...mainly because i went on a nostalgia trip to command and conquer.

Now I am worried that I have a £1350 laptop that cant even keep up with an xboxone

Can you have a look at my specs and tell me if I have something worth throwing the xbone away?

Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4810MQ (2.80GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X IMPACT 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M - 6.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
mSATA/M.2 SSD Drive NONE
2nd mSATA/M.2 SSD Drive NONE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 6x BLURAY ROM, 8x DVD ±R/±RW & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Battery Vortex 17.3" Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 230W AC Adaptor
Keyboard Language INTEGRATED BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating System Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser Google Chrome™
Carry Case NONE
Laptop Cooling Stands NONE
Stand-Alone Monitor NONE
Additional Keyboard NONE
Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Gaming Mouse Pad NONE
External Speakers NONE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Headsets NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation NONE
Dead Pixel Guarantee 1 Year Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs
Insurance 1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days
Pricing Information
Price (excluding VAT) £1,162.50
Price £1,395.00

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Can i run it isn't a great source of requirement for games, especially with mobile gpus as it doesn't grade them properly. My Vortex 2 still outperforms an xbox one.

Your laptop will still outperform an xbox one, they struggle with 1080 where as your laptop will run 1080 with more advanced graphics.

What game are you comparing it with.

As far as i know everyone with windows 7 and above are getting Windows for free. Even Pirates are getting a windows 10 upgrade for free, with limitations of course.

I was looking at GTA V at first...the issue seems to be my i7-4810MQ (2.80GHz) but then I tried ARMA....then some older games and it was telling me the best I could hope for on any game was low graphics settings...just really depressing to be honest lol

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Look like it will manage most games on decent settings to me. it wont max out any of the AAA titles with all they eye candy turned on but it's not that bad at all.

In terms of is it better than the xbox, yes in simple terms it is. it should be at least comparable with the console but with the added advantage YOU get to control the settings. So you can have 60fps or trade that for 30fps and have a better quality preset selected.

Its not bad at all, not worth throwing away as its pretty near the top end of gaming laptops.

Cadwah

Rising Star
Yeah, that laptops a beast. Most site's don't rate mobile CPU's or GPU's very well. My Vortex still plays most games on high/very high settings with no issues including ARMA 3 and GTA V.

Regarding the CPU, I imagine the reason you aren't getting correct info is the base clock speed of 2.8GHz, this isn't high for a desktop processor but for a mobile CPU it's very good. Don't forget that you will also have turbo boost for the chip meaning it will easily reach 3.5GHz when it is required.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was looking at GTA V at first...the issue seems to be my i7-4810MQ (2.80GHz) but then I tried ARMA....then some older games and it was telling me the best I could hope for on any game was low graphics settings...just really depressing to be honest lol

The i7-4810mq has on board graphics (intel HD4800's I believe), I'm willing to bet it was basing that as your default graphics rather than the GTX970 which will smash all over an XBOne. Trust me, your setup is good to go for a good few years maxxing out all games.