New Desktop PC - Windows not working!

Rakk

The Awesome
Unforunately every-so-often the 'sysprep' application (thats a run-once application that runs when you start up your machine for the first time and that gives you an out-of-the-box feel) fails, when this happens you need to reinstall windows, there will be instructions in the welcome booklet you got with the PC.

Jck1997

My system was pre-set overclocked will this remove all of that data? Sorry I am new to this. It tells me to push f8 the optical drive it tells me to select isnt there?

Jck1997

My system was pre-set overclocked will this remove all of that data? Sorry I am new to this. It tells me to push f8 the optical drive it tells me to select isnt there?

I am not getting the error any more but it wants the product key! I DONT HAVE A PRODUCT KEY ANYWHERE?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Did you get this sorted? If so how?

it will be stuck to the back of your machine, if its a laptop it will be on the underside of the machine.

I think its a requirement from Microsoft that the system builder applies it directly to the chassis.

Rakk

The Awesome
it will be stuck to the back of your machine, if its a laptop it will be on the underside of the machine.

I think its a requirement from Microsoft that the system builder applies it directly to the chassis.

I thought that since Win8.1 came out that the key was now embedded in the BIOS so there is no longer any need for said sticker - though how you find your key if that's the case I do not know (I may also be wrong).