Pirate wndow 7 instead of legal one?

Madonald

Hi, today this idea just comes up to my mind when I was reviewing my spec. Due to my order is still at its 13 working days pre-production, so I still have the option to amend it. Can I not include the window within my order instead when I get the laptop to download the pirate version of window 7 because I could save £79 to buy a 500GB Samsung SSD hard drive. Could you guys tell me if this is viable? any down side when gaming with pirate window 7? Help help help!:):):)

P.S: Don`t disrespect me with this idea. I don`t a job okay? Okay?!!!!:stupid::stupid::stupid::tank:

Rakk

The Awesome
You can order a machine without an OS, however a pirated OS may cause any amount of issues and since they are pirate they should not be discussed on these forums.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
No disrespect intended but first you are asking for something illegal and it is also not allowed to discuss these issues in the forum. If you can afford a 500gb ssd you can easily fit windows by getting a 250gb ssd

TCO

If you can't afford Windows 7 then perhaps you ought to look at using Linux, or adjusting your spec' so you can have a legal copy of Windows. As others have said, the issues with using an illegal copy of Windows 7 aren't restricted to the moral and ethical aspect of it, but do you really know you'll just be getting Windows? It simply isn't worth it.

Madonald

AH.. Looks like this idea is not viable then if the pirate version will be at risking of carrying virus with it. However, I have seen almost anyone ordered the Matt display when they were showing off their spec on the forum instead of the Glossy. Can you guys tell me why? isn`t the Glossy better than Matt in terms of graphics quality when in a dark room? because I purchased the Glossy with addition £79. If the Glossy is just slightly better than Matt. I would change it from Glossy so I can also be able to purchase the 500GB SSD with this way. Thx.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
What is your spec and budget? We may be able to sort something out that is better value and more appropriate to your needs and allow for you to get a legal copy of Windows as well.

Madonald

I am very satisfied with my current chosen spec. However, now I am having another issue regarding the my ordered laptop. I just contacted the live support and that supporter only said "Hello Hao, my name is James Dransfield, how may I help you?
hao 6:45:26 PM
Hi. yesterday I contacted the live support and he said the status of my laptop should be in build on today. But its status still remains at pre-production. 793688"

What kind of service was this? so thats how this employee hired by PCS treats their customers like this? Look at the time, now it has been for like 48 minus now. No respond! Now I am highly doubt I will be receiving my laptop. I am not gonna expect my status change to in-build by tomorrow and another tomorrow now. If the status of the laptop is still not change to in-building on the end of next week. I swear I will refund it, because I feel like I am being scammed.

Order Date Processed Status Production Time Tracking NO's Actions
03-04-2015 Sub Order - Paid N/A N/A Show
03-04-2015 Sub Order - Paid N/A N/A Show
02-04-2015
@ 23:05:30 Pre-Production 13th working day N/A Show | Amend Order

James Dransfield enters the chatroom.
James Dransfield 6:43:25 PM
Hello Hao, my name is James Dransfield, how may I help you?
hao 6:45:26 PM
Hi. yesterday I contacted the live support and he said the status of my laptop should be in build on today. But its status still remains at pre-production. 793688
Hello?
Why not respond?
Hello? why you are not answering my question? I highly doubt I will be receiving the laptop

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Live support is for sales advice not checking the status of an order, have you try calling them?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Sounds like you were disconnected from the chat for whatever reason. This may have been an issue on your end or theirs.

Madonald

No, but I will be calling them on tomorrow. Besides a live support guy told me that my order should be in build by today, but nothing has changing yet. This is my first time to order a custom build computer on the internet. It`s ruined by PCS and my mom is complaining whether I got scammed but clearly not, because this is a legal website. Killing floor 2 is available today, you people dont understand what I am feeling right now! I JUST WANT TO SMASH MY FIST ON THE SCREEN WITH THE LOGO OF PCS for unreasonable delaying of my GAMING LAPTOP. SMASH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You are not the first to have your PC delayed. Mine came 2 weeks after my birthday when it was supposed to be a gift from my family and myself. There are many possible reasons for the delay. A part may have gone out of stock today and your laptop can't be built without it. Sometimes long delays happen, there is nothing PCS can do as it is to do with the amount of orders received (which fluctuates week to week) and they offer a fast track service for those wanting to avoid any delays and receive their PC faster.

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
No, but I will be calling them on tomorrow. Besides a live support guy told me that my order should be in build by today, but nothing has changing yet. This is my first time to order a custom build computer on the internet. It`s ruined by PCS and my mom is complaining whether I got scammed but clearly not, because this is a legal website. Killing floor 2 is available today, you people dont understand what I am feeling right now! I JUST WANT TO SMASH MY FIST ON THE SCREEN WITH THE LOGO OF PCS for unreasonable delaying of my GAMING LAPTOP. SMASH!

Hahaha I can't tell if this guy is serious. Hilarious.

However 13 working days in pre production? Ouch. I'd be unhappy.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
No, but I will be calling them on tomorrow. Besides a live support guy told me that my order should be in build by today, but nothing has changing yet. This is my first time to order a custom build computer on the internet. It`s ruined by PCS and my mom is complaining whether I got scammed but clearly not, because this is a legal website. ****ing Killing floor 2 is available today, you people dont understand what I am feeling right now! I JUST WANT TO SMASH MY FIST ON THE SCREEN WITH THE LOGO OF PCS for unreasonable delaying of my GAMING LAPTOP. SMASH!

All the times they give are estimates. If you read the terms and conditions it says it can take up to a month. The live support person said "should" not "definitely will", anything could've happened, the queue might not have moved fast enough or there could be a component out of stock etc.

You getting angry won't help and we do know how you feel, everyone had to wait for there computer too, mine was delayed by a couple days due to a issue that came up in testing.

Just call them and ask, but be polite and don't get angry, customers that get angry to anyone at any company get the worse service, no company will appreciate it.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Hahaha I can't tell if this guy is serious. Hilarious.

However 13 working days in pre production? Ouch. I'd be unhappy.

The estimated times given are from the week before, so it changes all the time.

And it's an estimate anyway, can take up to a month (not that it does usually)

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
The estimated times given are from the week before, so it changes all the time.

And it's an estimate anyway, can take up to a month (not that it does usually)

Yeah I've been through 2 orders about to place my 3rd order so I know what it's like waiting, I would just be frustrated like this guy, however PCS always offer excellent service so no qualms from me!

Madonald

Hi, I have another question about the free game that my laptop is bundles with, which is Witch 3 wild hunt. The live support guy told me they will be emailed me the code for downloading the game. Can I trade this code with other people on steam? because I dont like this game instead I want to trade it for GTA 5 or Killing floor. Is there a secure way for me to do that?

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Hi, I have another question about the free game that my laptop is bundles with, which is Witch 3 wild hunt. The live support guy told me they will be emailed me the code for downloading the game. Can I trade this code with other people on steam? because I dont like this game instead I want to trade it for GTA 5 or Killing floor. Is there a secure way for me to do that?

I don't believe so due to it being a nvidia activation thing. Some people sell their codes on ebay.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeah, the easiest thing is to sell the code and buy a key for one of the games you want with what you get from the sale.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
This thread is quite amusing. Accusing PCS of scamming you, whilst simultaneously debating whether or not you should pirate windows so you can afford a 500Gb SSD because you don't have a job and can't afford both??