Refund help

radikal9k

Hi
I've ordered a laptop on the 30/03/2015 and I've received it on the 04/04/15
Unfortunately the pc showed problem from the day 1, I had to sent it back to them and they've changed the screen
I've received the pc back today, and I've been told that everything has been checked, I turn on the pc and notice that the pc doesn't recognize the second hard disk (just the first on, SSD)
Now... I don't really know how they've missed that if the computer has been super checked so I would like to apply for a refund, from what I could understand the time limit is 14 days but I actually had a usable computer for 1 day (the first)...
any suggestion?
Thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You'll have to call PCS and talk to them about that. This isn't an official support channel, it's just a help forum and is not always monitored by PCS staff.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Refunds are a bit of a tricky area, they will give a refund under the distance selling regulations but I'm not sure when they start the clock on that one... Given you have had it in for repairs and all. I suspect they will want one more chance to fix it.

The HDD not sowing up is probably a simple fix. Do you know if they re installed windows while it was in for repair? The HDD may not be showing up because the power or data cables have become disconnected. Does it show up in the Bios at all? if it does it might just be a case of 'discovering' it again.. if you call PCS directly they can take you through some basic troubleshooting over the phone.

To apply for a refund you would need to call them anyway, I'm pretty sure a cable or something will just have come disconnected as is most often the case. However I cant help you more with the refund as I don't know what the exact policy is regarding that (but it is probably more difficult than at least giving them a chance to troubleshoot it over the phone)