My First Camera

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hello guys,

I just bought my first "proper" camera.

I ordered the Panasonic GM1 with the 12-32mm Lens

Im an absolute noob but been watching lost of beginner videos over the weekend.

Looking forward to doing some Light painting and some other fun stuff. Hopefully i have bought the right camera.

Any advice or must have accessories would be appreciated for a beginner.

Mike

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Awesome, I thought about getting a cheap DSLR a while back as I was quite interested in photography. Still think about it on the odd occasion but my phone has a pretty great camera with software to make photos 50MP (sort of). I can post some of my shots from my phone later. My favourite kind is close up shots with noticeable depth of field and blur in the background.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Looks too advanced for me Duk :)

Should maybe stick with the one i have

View-Master-classic-01.jpg

Last edited:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Hello guys,

I just bought my first "proper" camera.

I ordered the Panasonic GM1 with the 12-32mm Lens

Im an absolute noob but been watching lost of beginner videos over the weekend.

Looking forward to doing some Light painting and some other fun stuff. Hopefully i have bought the right camera.

Any advice or must have accessories would be appreciated for a beginner.

Mike

Nice dude. May I recommend the 35-100 lens for a future purchase! There is also the highly versatile 14-140 but I am not so much a fan of that one :)

EDIT: Linkylinky - http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/cameras-camcorders/lumix-g-lenses/h-hs35100e.html

Last edited:

Mary Pond

I'm not sure I know exatly what you need maybe you should google or something. I can recommend you FixThePhoto website, there are a lot of cool tips, hope you'll enjoy it)

patty

I think the Panasonic GM1 is a great one to start with. My first camera was a Diana F lomo one, but my first digital one was a panasonic. And love every minute with it!