Octane 17.3" (Clevo P771ZM)

So its been a few months since I bought my laptop and thought it was about time to write a review about it.
I needed a laptop to replace my gaming desktop pc as I started moving around a lot. Obviously couldn't take my pc with me everywhere I went.

Specs:
  • INTEL i5 4690k
  • 16GB KINGSTON DDR3 1600MHz
  • NVIDIA GTX 970M
  • 120GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD
  • 750GB HDD
  • KILLER 1525 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N
  • BLUETOOTH 4.0
  • 1080P SCREEN
  • WINDOWS 8.1
  • ETC ETC ETC

Look & Feel:
I was a little sceptical when i bought the octane as every laptop i have used and seen has looked cheap, nasty and had poor build quality. I was pleasantly surprised when i came to seeing it in the flesh. The chassis feels firm and premium despite its plastic construction. There is absolutely no flex in the chassis and doesn't make that cheap plastic crack noise when pick it up. The texture is a soft touch finish covering the laptop (almost rubber like feel) and feels plesent to touch.

Hardware & Performance:
To start off, the screen is great but when using it with my other monitor the colours are noticeably colder than my monitor, this isn't much of an issue just an observation. The keyboard feels amazing to type on, compared to other laptops i have used, this is by far the nicest. The sound by ONKYO is great, i dont usually use the laptop itself for playing sound but those small occasion i do, i am extremely impressed by the quality.

Performance is where this laptop really shines, there hasn't been a game i've played (yet) where i need to turn the graphics quality down. The i5 4690k and 970m this laptop easily chews out high frames on even the most demanding of games & tasks. ( I will update the thread with fps and gfx settings a few games later).
Temperatures of this laptop are equally amazing, gaming while underload i usually hit around the 65-70°C on the cpu and 60-68°C on the gpu.
Battery performance isn't the greatest with this laptop, it lasts around 2 hours on battery in powersave mode, needless to say I haven't gamed on the battery yet but i doubt it will last long at all.

Conclusion:
Despite a few issues I had when I first got this laptop, I am very happy with this product and I personally can't see any major faults with it.
2015-05-03 15.55.46-min.jpg
2015-05-03 16.01.41-min.jpg
2015-05-03 15.56.47-min.jpg