Ark: Survival Evolved

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Do you guys really see this game lasting longer than a couple of months? I think it will have the same fate as DayZ, H1Z1, Rust, Reign of Kings etc. None of which are yet to make it out of early access.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Off topic, but following Wozz's point. I swear DayZ must be the biggest con ever in gaming development :)

Luucilu

Off topic, but following Wozz's point. I swear DayZ must be the biggest con ever in gaming development :)

Just to interject, I 100% agree. I never played the DayZ mod, got the standalone, loved it. Now I've finally got a PC that can run it, and everyone's telling me that it's just gone to pot.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just to interject, I 100% agree. I never played the DayZ mod, got the standalone, loved it. Now I've finally got a PC that can run it, and everyone's telling me that it's just gone to pot.

The devs had gone completely quiet until the Xbox announcement at E3. Even now, they haven't said much about updating the PC version.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
The Devs of Ark only put it in early access to iron out bugs and have a safer launch as well as develop the community ideas into the game.

They even stated in their release material that Early access should only last a year.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The Devs of Ark only put it in early access to iron out bugs and have a safer launch as well as develop the community ideas into the game.

They even stated in their release material that Early access should only last a year.

That's what they all say ;)

These games are fun and all that but I tend to just watch them on YouTube. That way I haven't wasted my money when everyone goes onto the next early access survival game.

Cadwah

Rising Star
Do you guys really see this game lasting longer than a couple of months? I think it will have the same fate as DayZ, H1Z1, Rust, Reign of Kings etc. None of which are yet to make it out of early access.

I think this game will be out of EA before any of those you mentioned, they have a release date for console in about a year and to be fair to them they are updating the game constantly. Most of the content is there, they will be adding more dino's as they are aiming for about 70 but it seems the optimization and gameplay is improving with every update. Probably the most important thing to me is the lack of cheats, with most stuff being done server side it really limits to options for hackers which can only ever be a good thing.

I'm happy as hell with a $25 game I've already sunk over 150 hours into.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I think this game will be out of EA before any of those you mentioned, they have a release date for console in about a year and to be fair to them they are updating the game constantly. Most of the content is there, they will be adding more dino's as they are aiming for about 70 but it seems the optimization and gameplay is improving with every update. Probably the most important thing to me is the lack of cheats, with most stuff being done server side it really limits to options for hackers which can only ever be a good thing.

I'm happy as hell with a $25 game I've already sunk over 150 hours into.

But many of these games were updated regularly in their first month or two of early access then they slowly fade away and you'll be lucky to ever get a finished product. It's happened so many times now, to the point that I'm probably not going to bother with them. If they ever go down to the £5 sort of price and they still have a community I might play them.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
But many of these games were updated regularly in their first month or two of early access then they slowly fade away and you'll be lucky to ever get a finished product. It's happened so many times now, to the point that I'm probably not going to bother with them. If they ever go down to the £5 sort of price and they still have a community I might play them.

I know what you mean, but most of the early access games that did that were just change logs with bug fixes in and nothing else.

At least in ark they're doing an update every couple of days with new items, animals etc. It's probably my best early access experience so far

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I know what you mean, but most of the early access games that did that were just change logs with bug fixes in and nothing else.

At least in ark they're doing an update every couple of days with new items, animals etc. It's probably my best early access experience so far

Subnautica always had content updates but seems to have slowed down with the updates. Again, that's another survival, crafting early access game.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Subnautica always had content updates but seems to have slowed down with the updates. Again, that's another survival, crafting early access game.

Yeah, but my point is that if ark had some optimization updates then i'd be happy with it exiting early access if i'm honest :p

Haha I had just posted this on my site :D Looks good!

Although I did write 18 reasons to play this game.

Game is pretty fun.

C9E934EDE9DDE59EFC59EBB67863F603AA9EE7D3