Touchpad problems, Windows 8.1

Jeannius

How do I stop the Windows 8.1 Charms bar from sliding out when I touch the right edge of my Touchpad? I've tried disabling the scroll regions / edge motion in the Synaptics properties but it still happens.

This is a major annoyance as my Ultranote has, for some strange reason, the touchpad installed to the left of centre in the case (Why?????) so I'm forever swiping the right edge of the pad.

Help... It is driving me mad!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tonlev

Silver Level Poster
I have tried everything since getting my new laptop, Synaptic never answered my several e-mails and PCS couldn't help either, but after trolling several different forums somebody suggested the following
Control/Alt/Del and get the task Manager screen up. then scroll down to Synaptic Enhancements and disable it. It stops the charm bar from appearing however you have to manually do this every time you boot up your machine.

It does work and heaven no more bloody charm bar, but if you need it you can still access it by using the windows +C keys.

Hope this helps

D

Distinct

Only way to do it permanently is to uninstall synaptics :( otherwise yeah you have to do what tonlev suggested

Jeannius

Thanks to you both. That works.

I planned on removing SynTPEnh.exe entries in the registry but there are so many I've just ended up renaming the file so it isn't found at startup. That works fine.

Last edited: