Holy internet speed batman

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
A friend just sent me this from his new office location...:

IMG_2001.JPG

D

Distinct

Not in the UK surely! I'm guessing at the netherlands or somewhere near.

first thing I would do is install my steam library

D

Distinct

Unless he has made his own server for ookla and done that. You know what I am going to quit trying to figure this out because my head hurts tbh. I will go for a pint instead... with my 4G. sigh

Spuff

Expert
A friend just sent me this from his new office location...:

View attachment 6698

The Ookla figures at my work (a local council) are similar but in fact using the internet is slow. So Ookla speeds on a corporate system are not necessarily a reflection of what experience you can expect. I think it's going to be largely dependant on the size of the user base and the security employed.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
That's the one! From what I have heard, the building is connected directly into it.

Yeah all universities have a direct connection and most schools and colleges use a connection from their nearest university. Although some schools and colleges also have a direct connection.

mrducking

Bright Spark
if you are in need of a speedy internet conection you can always come to Spain :)
we have a fiber boom here and this summer if you have the 100MBs plan you get this summer an upgrade to 300MBs (the trick is the price goes up 5 euros and there is no choice)
the last test i did with steam with my current internet (100MBs) i got 10.4 MB/s via WIFI
Spain the new Europe capital of food and internet :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if you are in need of a speedy internet conection you can always come to Spain :)
we have a fiber boom here and this summer if you have the 100MBs plan you get this summer an upgrade to 300MBs (the trick is the price goes up 5 euros and there is no choice)
the last test i did with steam with my current internet (100MBs) i got 10.4 MB/s via WIFI
Spain the new Europe capital of food and internet :D

The best in Europe currently is in Switzerland. Well, maybe not food...