Currently ordered gaming PC spec, looking to add to it.

ccat4

Case CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 780T FULL TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-5930K (3.5GHz) 15MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TITAN X - DVI, HDMI, 3 X DP - (PRE-ORDER ONLY)
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 480GB KINGSTON HYPERX SAVAGE SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD20EZRX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
RAID NONE
M.2 SSD Drive NONE
1st PCI-E SSD Drive NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Corsair H100i GTX Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Extra Case Fans NONE
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking DUAL-BAND WIRELESS 802.11N 450Mbps PCI-E CARD
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options USB 3.1 TYPE C (1 PORT) INTERNAL PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
TV Card NONE
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Windows 10 Upgrade FREE Upgrade to Windows 10 with all Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 Purchases*
DVD Recovery Media Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor NONE
2nd Monitor NONE
Monitor Cables NONE
Eyefinity Adapter / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse NONE
Mouse NONE
Gaming Mouse Pad NONE
NVIDIA SHIELD™ NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Cable Tidy NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation NONE
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Pricing Information

Price (excluding VAT) £2,232.95
Price £2,679.54

I've considered adding a second Titan X, but will my current processor bottleneck me? Also I'm assuming that 850W power supply won't be sufficient for SLI, what's the minimum I'd need? Thought it would be a good while before I plunge into 4k gaming, but after finding a pretty decent 4k monitor for £250, I've decided to upgrade now rather than later, saving me the extra expense further on.

steaky360

I've moved your post to its own thread - you shouldn't hijack other people's threads when its easy enough to start your own :)

The processor will not bottleneck two, three or four titan X's. You can check your power requirements in the configurator (just add another titan x to your build and it'll tell you if you're getting to the limits)

If your second drive is meant for storage and you're not going to play games from it (assuming you're going to transfer them to the SSD before playing) it will do but if you're planning to game from it at all I'd recommend getting a caviar black rather than a green.

Not trying to poo poo your idea but... I've been gaming on a 4K monitor for about 6 months now and to be honest, its not worth it, the draw back of having a maximum of 60Hz screen (and therefore a maximum of 60FPS) means I feel like I get a better experience playing on my 120Hz Iiyama 1080 screen.

There are ~140Hz 1440 resolution screens with Nvidia G-Sync which I have only heard good things about which in my opinion would be much better to game on (I'm hoping to get one eventually...).

The 4K screen is however, amazing for productivity tasks, you get a LOT of desktop space.

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
I've moved your post to its own thread - you shouldn't hijack other people's threads when its easy enough to start your own :)
*cough*cough* That might have been my fault actually, I know I was merging a few threads together because I thought they were started by the same person - that'll teach me to try and be clever *cough*cough*

ccat4

*cough*cough* That might have been my fault actually, I know I was merging a few threads together because I thought they were started by the same person - that'll teach me to try and be clever *cough*cough*

And there was me thinking I was going mad, imagining starting my own thread originally :(

Anyhoo, I've ordered the second card and new power supply. I have not had a decent rig in years and I am very excited for it to arrive! My current dell ultrasharp 29inch monitor only does 60, but my rig I would like to think it future proofed for a good few years now :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thought it would be a good while before I plunge into 4k gaming, but after finding a pretty decent 4k monitor for £250
considering how much you are spending I would try to spend more on the monitor

ccat4

considering how much you are spending I would try to spend more on the monitor

This was the one I was after http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/u2868pqu

Reviews state it's no good for competitive gaming, but I don't go into that. I've already gone over my initial budget but my plan is either to keep the ultrasharp I have now or buy the aoc. I'm quite hesitant to spend another grand or so on an all singing monitor at the minute.