Screen blanking out every few seconds

Badmungo

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but my monitor (Iiyama prolite B2888UHSU) has started blanking out constantly while connected via DisplayPort to my PC. I initially thought it was related to me updating my Nvidia driver the other day, but i've rolled that back and if anything it's worse now.

I've also got my old PS3 plugged in via HDMI and it's not happening, so I don't think it's the monitor itself, and I've tried using the second Displayport that the monitor has and the issue still occurs. connections are all OK as far as I can tell. The machine is out of the way so it can't get knocked.

In the 3 minutes it's taken to type this the screen has blanked probably around 30-40 times, only ever for half a second but now it's happening more and more often, even as I type.

My PC is a Vortex 440, with a GTX 980 and an x99 motherboard, no other recent software updates and it literally only started at the weekend.

Anyone have any ideas? it's almost as if the timeout to a blank screensaver has managed to set itself to 2 seconds and it's driving me up the wall!

Badmungo

I can't find my HDMI to mini HDMI adapter.
Got frustrated, reset the install to stock (no prograns installed) , and its still happening, except now i need ti reinstall driver, starting with network card as i can't access the web now.
Argh.

steaky360

Check in the display panel to see if the monitor is being disconnected / reconnected every time it blacks out. I would also check your refresh rate, lower it to 30Hz and see if that solves the problem. If it does, you might need a new DP cable (you might only have an older 1.1DP cable as opposed to a 1.2DP cable which is required for 60Hz at 4K)

You can probably check the same thing by lowering the resolution.

Badmungo

Its all gone wrong. Did a win8 refresh, and it kept happening. Tried to di a clean install, cocked it up, now cant install to any partition and THE SCREEN IS STILL BLOODY FLICKERING!!!!! a friend has told me i probably have to wipe all partitions and do a full install but I'm tenpted to throw the thing out the window. ��

Badmungo

Problems with my 4k monitor

Hi,
My iiyama B2888UHSU is constamtly fkickering on and off, regardless of the resolution its at. I thought it was a windows/driver issue but its happening even as i try and reinstall windows. Has anyone else had this problem?

Originally posted in Hardware, but typing on my phone now and can't work out how to move it....

steaky360

Can you try the computer with a different display? I wouldn't have thought it was the windows installation causing the flickering if I'm honest.

Even a TV maybe?

Badmungo

I don't have another display other than the TV, but I think i've (sort of) resolved it. I had to delete all the partitions and do a full Win8.1 install from scratch. I found my HDMI adapter, and it ran OK through that, then switched back to Dsiplayport with 1.2 set on the monitor settings, and it seems to be ok (touch wood). I've put in a service request to Iiyama anyway, in case they want to give me a new one...

I've got a couple of videos up on youtube showing the problems I've had with this monitor. I still love it, but it's a pain in the arse sometimes....
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBadmungo/videos

Last edited: