Unidentified Network Problem

damjan21

Hello, I've just bought my new PC and installed Windows 7 64 Bit on it.

I've installed all the drivers that come with it, motherboard,cpu,gpu etc.

Then I plugged in my Ethernet cable, but my PC couldn't identify the network.

I've installed some Ethernet drivers and checked the cable, but nothing is working.

Here is the ipconfig stuff

pcbroken.png

Motherboard: GA-780T-D3L AMD 780G Chipset

steaky360

Maybe a silly question but I assume nothing else has problems getting online? Have you tried the Ethernet cable into a different port on the router?

damjan21

My mobile, my tv and my laptop are working. Tv is by an ethernet cable, laptop and mobile are over wifi, although when I insert the cable into my Laptop the same problem happens, but when I insert it into the TV it works, and I've updated all my drivers, and no, a different port didnt work.

steaky360

My mobile, my tv and my laptop are working. Tv is by an ethernet cable, laptop and mobile are over wifi, although when I insert the cable into my Laptop the same problem happens, but when I insert it into the TV it works, and I've updated all my drivers, and no, a different port didnt work.

If you're having the same problem with the same cable in a different device, its unlikely to be a driver (etc.) issue. Can you swap round so the TV (which worked) is connected to that cable and a different cable is connected to your PC??

damjan21

Yeah, I did. Still no luck. When I change the Ipv4 and the Default Gateway and put 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 as my DNS, it says that there is a problem with the DNS servers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I did. Still no luck. When I change the Ipv4 and the Default Gateway and put 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 as my DNS, it says that there is a problem with the DNS servers.

Is 192.168.1.2 a dns server? I would have expected that to be 192.168.1.1 the same address as your router?

LFFPicard

Godlike
Depends on the router, BT Home hub uses 192.168.1.254 and here at work it is set as .3

Also in your screenshot it shows no default gateway is set, have you checked these settings? in your ipv4 settings reset everything back to default, gateway and dns and restart.
Also when you say it is not working, can it pick up the router just no internet or not pick anything up at all?

Lastely, you could try public DNS and set it manually. Try google DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/