10th working days still in Pre-Production

Deklore

Bright Spark
If its any consolation (which I am sure its not), but usually the pre-production stage is the longest. In my experience the pre-production stage lasted longer than all the other stages put together.

It might be some consolation if they would actually answer the phones or web chat!

I've been trying for hours, get about half an hour of music on the phone before it goes dead, and the web chat says I'm first in the queue and the next available person will respond, but it says that forever!

Last edited:

Luca

Hey I'm also on 10th working day. I did manage to get through in the phone yesterday to discover that the reason was the cpu cooler I ordered was not in stock and wasn't going to be until next Monday! I've upgraded to one they have in and was told
I was on the priority list. Highly recommend waiting it out on the phone if you can. The web chat is awful...

adasie

Hey I'm also on 10th working day. I did manage to get through in the phone yesterday to discover that the reason was the cpu cooler I ordered was not in stock and wasn't going to be until next Monday! I've upgraded to one they have in and was told
I was on the priority list. Highly recommend waiting it out on the phone if you can. The web chat is awful...

that rep you had needs promoting to manager or CEO! how ever, with my situation i have no problems holding back my build, my parts are all available and this has been confirmed how ever taking to 4 walls deems more productive at this point.

adasie

just an update on mine; had a fantastic rep over live chat, yes live chat who has made it his own to put my order into build today. i find this fantastic and what should be done. looking at getting it at the end of the week possibly thursday.

Luca

Really good news! I've been wishing I'd built mine myself but I can't give myself 3 years warranty and a year return to base if anything goes ary so I'm sure it'll be worth it. Mine is still showing preproduction annoyingly, if it's still that way tomorrow I'll hopefully get the same live chat hero as you and push things along. Was promised it'd arrive by Friday or Monday so I'll be pretty bummed out if I don't!

biondi

What I found frustrating is that I contacted support yesterday (had to wait 35 mins on the online chat despite it saying it would be approx. 1 min) only to be told that a part I ordered was out of stock, and wouldn't be in until the end of the month at least, would they have told me if I hadn't have contacted them? Why wasn't I told when I ordered everything as I would've changed it straight away (was just a CPU cooler). It's two weeks tomorrow since I ordered (or day 10 according to them) and despite changing this part (took me 25 mins to then get hold of them by phone afterwards) - I'm still in Pre-Processing also. I've lost confidence in them because of all this and it's a lot of money (for me) to have this uncertainty. I've already decided if it's not moved on significantly by Friday (they told me on the phone yesterday it should be finished by then) I''ll cancel the order, buy the bits separately and have a crack myself.

adasie

Adasie, can you confirm wether or not your order status has changed on then pcs order page?

sure: 0f0180817e647107196ab1347fbf294c.png

as for the rep that helped me out, the best one yet: Ashley Dillon-Chandler was his name. If it is over the order estimate they will and should put it through for you. now weather they will meet the target for delivery is yet to be seen, fingers crossed

i agree that the lack of update and communication is at a low. if the part isn't in the customer should be informed post haste. its something they need to address

Last edited:

kev1ndonn

Hi adasie, looks like you may have been successful in queue jumping :) I am now in day 12 of pre-production and am still waiting for my PC to enter build. I also spoke with Ashley on Live Chat and he did not look after me as well as you. What is your secret?

Luca

Agreed!

I just spoke to Ashley on live chat too and was told I should have received an email saying my cooler was not in stock and that I could change it. Obviously I didn't get this email as I can tell others haven't. It's a pretty poor system, wouldn't take much for them to flag it up on your order page when you sign in...

Anyway, Ashley said mines due to start building tomorrow. God knows if that'll happen but I bloody hope so!

Good luck adasie. My girlfriend starts night shifts on Monday for a few days so I'm hoping for Friday delivery big time! Haha. I think pcs need to work a little harder on managing expectations!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Only thing I would say to those not receiving an email about parts out of stock etc. The system might not be as poor as you would imagine. If PCS are dealing with the number of orders that they are (won't speculate how many), then there are likely to be a large number that run into issues of temp out of stock. Few systems like this are full proof, so some people will always not receive a note informing them about the delay, but many will have.

Not trying to excuse you not getting one, but on the other hand, Ashley was probably completely correct that you SHOULD have received something. Definite improvements on the order page would be good though (auto-flagging somehow). Would alleviate a lot of confusion this end, but also free up live support/phone support for people with technical stuff, rather than sales :)

I can't get through to anyone for long enough to get anything done. They seem to leave the chat mid-conversation (either deliberately or otherwise).

I was told on Thursday that all parts were in stock and that my order was about to go into build. Today I'm told that the cooler is out of stock, and that I should have received an email about it. When I asked for the email to be re-sent, I was told that wasn't possible. I was told the only way to speed up my order was to upgrade the cooler at my own expense, and I have read reviews which state that performance-wise the H55 is a step down from the 212 Evo which I ordered.

Trying to get through by phone is a pointless feat, and I can access Chat just long enough to be told the above. I think I remember reading something about being able to use Google to help me contact them, I'm going to go digging through emails to see if I can find it again (unless anybody here knows how it is done)? Perhaps then I might be able to get a message to them to cancel the order completely.

Last edited:

adasie

I don't know if it was down to me to me ringing up talk to a manger for 2 hours and filling them about the term and confirms also customer rights. I feel quite bad that it's jumped someone who has 12 days waiting but knowing your rights researching is much needed. If there system is predated then it's their fault as a seller and being too busy isn't as it was stated over the phone they actually put over time in to catch up.

As for estimates, it's a fact they are a time scale and when you enter that time scale with a purchase that is your time scale for your order and it should be completed by that time, no ifs and but, unless they state to you that there is a problem in which they should in there own occurs inform you.

If they do not then something need to be done about it.

Even thought all these acts state we are in our rights they do not understand this, how ever I can't really complain now as it's been pushed forward for me

I can't really complain now as it's been pushed forward for me

Is there anything on your account to suggest that it was pushed forward, other than it changing to 'In Building'?

I finally managed to get through today and after a number of lengthly conversations ended up paying to upgrade my cooler (with £10 off for the inconvenience) and was told it would be made a Priority build and would go through today, but the person who did this was a different rep and it looks like I'm still on the standard build and pre-production despite having paid.

adasie

I'm not sure what you mean. How ever I have had a update telling me it's in yes I got now. The live chat consisted in me mentioning a the trades act 2013 And pasting iT, he was very helpful even though I was a little rude, not overly. Then the chat stayed open and he updated me as the email came through to confirm a pocket had picked the items and put them into build.

How ever you you are meaning did it take a while to change, it didn't and I was update as soon as it was changed

How ever you you are meaning did it take a while to change, it didn't and I was update as soon as it was changed

Oh, I see. I did mine over the phone and they didn't do anything whilst I was on the line. They just promised me it would be a priority build and they'd put it straight in for building once I upgraded the cooler, and they didn't (or at least there's nothing to indicate that it is).

It's still in pre-production, hopefully that will change today.

Luca

Brewmaster I think we're in exactly the same boat. I too paid an extra 10 to upgrade the cooler and was told it was a priority build. This was two days ago now. I genuinely wouldn't have minded had they been more communicative about why it was taking so long and had actually pushed forward once I'd changed the cooler but still nothing. Hopefully it'll update today. It's only half 8 so I doubt anyone's past their morning coffee yet...