Arkham Knight Framerate

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
OK im quite surprised about this one but Batman Arkham Knight for the PC is locked at 30FPS

To solve this problem simply navigate too

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config

Look for a doc called BMSystemSettings

Control+F or scroll to "MaxFPS=30.00000"

and change it to your desired framerate i.e. "144.000000"

There is a lot of settings in there to play with that it wont let you play with in game. Such as Blur for example cannot be toggled in the game menu.

Hope this helps anyone.

Mike

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
No problems. Theres a couple more problems im working on, SLI gets you less framerate than Single GPU and also Flickering Shadows like in Assassins Creed Unity which they never fixed.

SLI is starting to become a hastle

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] With a 4K display, a TDR occurs after the in-game
resolution is toggled and the application is exited. [200116725]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Heavy flickering occurs in game after Alt+Tab if SLI is
enabled. [200116723]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Severe stuttering seen, especially in indoor scenes,
when the game is running at 4K resolution and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are
turned on. [200116722]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Random flickering occurs in the game if SLI is
enabled. [200116717]
 [GM206, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Stuttering occurs and performance drops
after shadow quality settings are toggled. [200116694]
 [GK180, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] When SLI is enabled, a crash points to
ntdll.dll shortly after the game is exited. [200116717]

MichaelV15

I tried altering the MaxFPS = 30.00000 to 144.000000, then to 950.00000 and it made no difference. It still flickers constantly.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah i'd say that might be a good idea George.

Dont get me wrong its playable with a Single GPU. The settings menu is grim though, you cant turn off things like blur and makes it really had to tweak the game.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
It's a shame, the other Batman games were pretty decent ports.

And on the topic of SLI, I gave up on it pretty quickly. Caused nothing but problems and was constantly switching between 1 and 2 cards and had to clean install my drivers every update.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Yeah i'd say that might be a good idea George.

Dont get me wrong its playable with a Single GPU. The settings menu is grim though, you cant turn off things like blur and makes it really had to tweak the game.

Well I'll definitely hold off if you can't turn off blur, i hate it most of the time!

As for the 30fps cap I don't care about that as long as it's a constant 30fps and doesn't dip, but many people are saying it still lags for them with cards like the 970 :/

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
OH no it doesn't stick. If you set it to 30FPS it drops to about 23, lowest i've seen is 13 when the Batmobile shows up, that smoke doe.

I'm actually tempted to sell both my GTX980's and get a single 980 TI. but when SLI does work it works well. Its great on the Witcher 3

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
OH no it doesn't stick. If you set it to 30FPS it drops to about 23, lowest i've seen is 13 when the Batmobile shows up, that smoke doe.

I'm actually tempted to sell both my GTX980's and get a single 980 TI. but when SLI does work it works well. Its great on the Witcher 3

Didn't you only just sell your 970s to get 2x980s?!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Finally a responce from the makers

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341#M7537

Hi all

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

Thanks
CODA

I like the word "SOME" i think they mean all :D

Deklore

Bright Spark
Cant remember the name of the company (im in work now) but the pc port was outsourced to a team of 12 people so wasn't done by Rocksteady themselves. Sorry, but if they "thake this very seriously" then even rudimentary QA testing would show this port is utter poop.

Its like every single AAA title that comes out is a buggy mess nowadays especially for PC. I hope a lot of people get refunds for this unacceptable practice. I mean you can always buy the game later once its working. But this is a GOTY Steam sale game for me.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Cant remember the name of the company (im in work now) but the pc port was outsourced to a team of 12 people so wasn't done by Rocksteady themselves. Sorry, but if they "thake this very seriously" then even rudimentary QA testing would show this port is utter poop.

Its like every single AAA title that comes out is a buggy mess nowadays especially for PC. I hope a lot of people get refunds for this unacceptable practice. I mean you can always but he game later once its working. But this is a GOTY Steam sale game for me.

Sounds like they were understaffed but forced by their publishers to get something out in time. In most cases it is the publishers fault, not the developers that work hard trying to keep their job.